Thirty-Two

It's been a week since the chaos they called New Year's Eve and in that time things have cooled off

It's been a week since the chaos they called New Year's Eve and in that time things have cooled off. Magenta hasn't really talked or seen anyone since that night. This allowed her to process everything that happened. Although, there's still some things that don't make sense. That's what happens when alcohol's involved, and a lot of anger.

If Gen had it her way she wouldn't see anyone for awhile, but that's not possible. She agreed to work with Gee's artist and today's the first meeting. Sitting in a recording studio of ten people including Gee, she tries hard not to make eye contact with him from across the room.

Gee watches as each person signs their contract before saying, "It's official. You're all apart of the team and on full payroll for the next few months." Gen looks around the room consisting of the artist himself, a tour manager, videographer, and stylist. Colby's also a part of the team as the graphic designer for merch and single covers. Then she's going to be the creative director for the overall project, his marketing, and tour.

It's only a part time gig. Most of the employees at Gen and Jux's company accept freelance work. This is something for her to do part-time, while away from the office. She knows she's supposed to be taking this time to herself, but doing some type of work keeps her busy and focused. Some people call it avoiding...

Gee closes up the meeting and Magenta stands grabbing her purse and phone. Jux approaches her to say, "I know you're off from work for the month, but I was hoping to setup a meeting with just you, me, and your sister. About the money..."

He's apprehensive because he saw everything that went down at the club. It still doesn't exactly make sense to him or anyone who doesn't know all the details. It all boils down to a family feud to him, so he decided to mind his business. Tensions are high, but the only thing that matters to him is the company. Anything personal needs to be put to the side.

"Yeah, we can do that. Just let me know a time and day."

She's ready to go, but of course Gee stops her. "Can we talk?" She nods and they sit back down watching everyone file out one by one. Once they're alone he asks, "You good?"