Sixty-Seven

Magenta looks at the nightstand where her wedding band and engagement ring lay

Magenta looks at the nightstand where her wedding band and engagement ring lay. It's been a few weeks since her and Gee secretly tied the knot. She's been basking in the bliss... At least until they break the news to their family.

They've both been trying to find the right way to tell them. In the meantime, they focused on work and used it as an excuse to say they've been busy to explain their absence. It's not necessarily a lie. Gen's been doing as much work as she can before sitting down for maternity leave.

The third trimester feels are just so different. She's stuck between being excited and being ready to get this over with. She can say she's ready to have her body back. She's tired of being a personal incubator and vessel. This baby has made a home out of her and drains her like a battery.

Tired isn't even enough to explain how she feels. Her body hurts, most days everything is swollen, new stretch marks everyday... But looking on the positive side she's enjoying every moment as best as she can.

Gen thought she was going to get so much done today seeing as they need to pack this townhouse up. Their house is on the verge of being done, but there's not a single item in a box. Instead, she's been laying in bed all day.

So one can imagine when Pandora showed up telling Magenta to get dressed and that they're going out she wasn't too excited.

She looks at the outfit Pandora brought with a hand on her hip. She can already imagine herself huffing and puffing from simply putting it on. The only plus side was P coming with a makeup artist and hairstylist. If she would've said she needs to do it herself, Gen would say she's not going.