Twenty-Seven

With his phone to his ear, Genesis walks through the doors of a recording studio building

With his phone to his ear, Genesis walks through the doors of a recording studio building. Entering the correct door he daps the sound engineer and producer who record his ex, Kelsey, who's in the booth. Sitting on the couch he continues his conversation with Magenta being as quiet as possible.

It's been a week since the night he went over to Gen's and they agreed to go on a date. Since then they've been in communication everyday. Some nights they stay up talking on the phone for hours because they both can't sleep. They seemed to pick up exactly where they left off.

"I gotta go, but I'll see you tonight," he says before ending the call. The uplifted mood he was in immediately washes away knowing he has to deal with Kelsey.

Once she finishes up what she's recording she comes out of the booth sitting across from Gee. "You said you wanted to talk," he stretches his arm across the top of the couch looking at her.

"At the end of the year I would like to get out of my contract. I don't think this management company is the best fit for me. I don't think we should work together anymore."

Gee nods. "If you feel that way, that's fine. Have your attorney contact ours and we can break the contract early. You'll have to pay us over a fixed period of time to compensate us for work we've invested. We'll still get paid a percent of your earnings for breach of contract and future lost revenue during a set period of time. 18 months is usually the standard," he explains thoroughly.