Seventy

Magenta stands outside of the Fertitta Center at the University of Houston along with their family and friends

Magenta stands outside of the Fertitta Center at the University of Houston along with their family and friends. The C.T. Baeur College of Business graduation ceremony starts soon. Genesis is officially done with his Bachelor's degree and will be getting his diploma after deciding to go back to school.

Waiting for everyone to arrive. Gen adjusts her 5-month-old son, Mazi, on her hip. She didn't want to bother with a stroller and the arena steps, but the infant is heavy. He looks half Gen's size on her side; he's nothing less than a big butterball.

Mazi's a growing boy that makes her wonder where the time is going so fast already. He's able to do so much it amazes her. He can now reach out for her to hold him and it makes her melt. He can roll over, and she anticipates soon he'll be sitting up and crawling.

Personality wise, Mazi is a happy baby. His baby talk and laughs are non-stop. He doesn't cry much, and he's extremely independent.

She celebrated her first mother's day a few days ago and it put things in perspective for her. He's what Magenta needed. All those doubts she had when she first found out she was pregnant or gave birth are gone now.

Five months postpartum and she's loving how she feels. Something inside of Gen changed for the better. She's more balanced. She feels like she can breathe again. For so long she was so wound up with anxiety and depression. She cried so many days thinking she wasn't worthy of the life she has now. When you see her smiling today, know the smile is genuine. Mazi has brought so much to the surface and she needed it.