17: One Last Confession

For a moment, you did nothing to wake Kyojuro as you continue watching him sleep.

You had been asking yourself how you got so lucky to eventually meet someone like him. You stared at him for a moment, your eyes zooming in on every detail of his handsome face.

You wanted to kiss him again. To touch him, to bask in his warmth─re-living that memory of when he'd first kiss you after confessing.

Shaking your head, you had to remind yourself to focus on the real reason you were here.

Evidently, you laid down beside him. The mattress dipped under your weight, causing the bed springs within to squeak slightly when you did.

Kyojuro stirred a bit, causing you to abruptly hold your breath. Everything about this was sounding a bit insane, and a little part of your mind was screaming at you to abort this mission!

You breathed a sigh once he relaxed, his chest moving up and down with every inhale and exhale as he breathed gently through his nose.

Now's your chance! It was really now or never, and whatever happens, happens.

"Kyo, I'm sorry." You apologized softly.

"I know it often takes me awhile to really realize some things. It's just... I'm not good when it comes to expressing my true feelings. I guess I was scared, but I really do love you, and I really do want to be with you. And I do want to marry you. Sometimes, I feel like you're just too good for me, like I'm not worthy of being with someone like you. If anything, it should be me taking the trial and not you. You're the kind of person who will go through all of this just because you love me."

At this point, you didn't know where you were going with this; you were just talking now.

"You've given me the option to choose whether I want to be with you or not without pressuring me. You make me feel emotions that I've never felt before. I just know in my heart that you'll be the one who gets away if I let you leave. I'll be stupid if I say I don't care about someone who actually cares and loves me the way you do. I understand that there will be hardships because of your duties as a demon slayer and that there will be moments when you'll have to go on missions to protect people. I know I'll be worried for your safety and perhaps lonely, but I won't hate you for it. I want to stay by your side, no matter what."

You smiled and then closed your eyes before snuggling against him. Immediately, the smell of hickory and apples flooded your senses as you're engulfed in warmth.

"I love you, Kyojuro Rengoku♡." You confessed softly.

Suddenly, you felt a strong arm rest on your waist and quickly snapped your head up to see wide opened red and golden eyes staring down at you.

"Kiyaaaaaah~!" You shrieked, pulling away from him and falling off the bed with a soft 'oof.'

Kyojuro quickly glanced down at you to make sure you were okay.

"Snow flower, are you okay?!" He asked, concerned.

You groaned slightly before glaring up at him and asking, "How long have you been awake?"

"I was never asleep!" He confessed.

Your face quickly went red from embarrassment. Embarrassment from being on the floor, and the fact that he'd heard everything you said and chose not to say anything.

"So, you were just laying here, listening to me rant and pour my heart out?" you asked, standing up now.

Kyojuro laughed before sitting up. "Haha, yeah, pretty much!" he told you, honestly.

"In truth, I'd actually wanted you to work your feelings out. And I have to say that I'm speechless! I never realized how I had that kind of effect on you."

"What kind of remark is that? I never would've said all those things if it weren't true." You replied with a pouty face.

You then yelped when Kyojuro suddenly grabbed your wrist and pulled you down on top of him. Strong muscular arms wrapped around you tightly, holding you close while your hands lay flat against his well-toned chest.

"Well, I'm glad♡" he said, stroking the back of your head, fingers caressing through your hair.

"I'm sorry, but I had to know your true feelings about me. And also, apology accepted!" He says this as you quickly look up at him.

"I love you, my beautiful snow flower. You truly are the one I want to share my life with.♡" He said while nuzzling you further and holding your body to his own.

"I still hate you for tricking me." You grumble against his chest, blushing deeply.

Kyojuro laughs before gently cupping your face to make you look up at him and leaned down to capture your lips in a passionate kiss.

"I know," he says after pulling away, "but lesson learned, right?" He beams that trademark smile you loved so much.

"Whatever." You playfully rolled your eyes.

"Would you care to stay with me tonight?" He soon asks.

"You mean, as in, sleep with you...in the same bed?" You asked, your face growing hot.

"If it's alright with you, You don't have to if you don't want."

"No, I want to!" You answered quickly and all too eagerly, much to Kyōjurō's delight.

At that, Kyojuro didn't say anything further, not wanting you to change your mind as he laid down on his back, pulling you on top of him before wrapping his arms protectively around you.

After awhile, you snuggled up against him, closing your eyes and resting your head on his chest as you listened to the rhythmic sounds of his strong beating heart, which soothed you.

But then you'd remember to ask something.

"Kyo?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Are you naked underneath?"

"Yeah, I occasionally sleep in the nude!"

"Damnit Kyojuro!"

Guess you still need time getting use to Kyojuro's antics?