20: Raging Flames

It'd slowly begun to snow again as Kyojuro stared longingly at the road.

Waiting.

It had gotten dark, with the skies being a mixture of purple and orange as the sun set.

He hadn't moved a single muscle, his arms crossed over his chest, and his mind was coursing with worry, wandering where his beloved (name) could be.

Suddenly, he heard a loud hooting screech and looked up to see Otsune's pet owl, Shiro, flying towards him.

Reaching his arm out for the bird to land on, Kyojuro noticed that Shiro seemed distressed.

"Shiro!" Otsune called as the owl looked towards its master. "Did you find (name)?" She asked, followed by more trills and clicks.

Shiro continued to flap his wings and screech as if trying to tell them something urgent.

"What's wrong, my friend?" Kyojuro asks as Shiro starts letting out clicks and trills.

"What's he saying?" Kyojuro questioned, his brows furrowed.

He knew that Shiro wasn't capable of human speech like the Kasugai crows, so it was difficult to understand what the owl was trying to tell him.

"When he flaps his wings like this, it means something's wrong!" Otsune explains as the elder woman begins listening carefully to Shiro's clicks.

"hoo-h'HOO-hoo-hoo~"

"A demon!" Otsune blathered out.

"Hoo-h'HOo-hoo~"

"A demon has (name) and was seen heading west," Otsune explains.

Indeed, it was surprisingly amazing that she could understand Shiro as the owl nodded his head.

Kyojuro's eyes burn with a fiery rage, intensifying the depth of his emotions. The mere thought of a demon possessing his beloved Mia fills him with an overwhelming sense of dread and urgency. His heart races as he realizes the imminent danger she faces.

Every fiber of his being is consumed by a fierce determination to rescue her and to protect her at all costs.

Despite the flames of anger within him flicker and dance, fueling his resolve to confront the malevolent force that threatens to kill his beloved, Kyojuro flashes his signature smile and turns towards Shiro.

"Then lead the way, my friend!"

──────────────

Meanwhile, you shifted slightly as your eyelids slowly fluttered open. Your vision became a little blurry as you gradually came to.

What happened? You pondered in confusion.

Though you felt no pain, there was still a faint ringing in your head as you tried to sit up.

However, you found that you couldn't move! It'd felt as though you're being bound by something, and you immediately started to panic.

Thoughts raced through your mind as you desperately tried to make sense of what had led you to this bewildering predicament.

You strained your eyes, scanning the room for any clues that could shed light on your current state. The first thing you noticed was a burning fire coming from the irori in the center of the room.