Chapter 11: Shadows of the Storm

The Queens woke up in a pile of rubble. They could feel the castle shaking beneath their feet.
"Aradia!" Delilah ran over and helped her up. "Are you Okay?"
"Urrgh... y-yes, I'm fine." She replied.
"Oh, merde it all!" Wakai screamed.
"Jostati en matali!" Gertah hastily exclaimed.
Gail awakened from a pile of rubble. "What's going on?!" She screamed.
"Dammit-dammit-dammit!" Shard cursed.
Ning got up. "Darla! Where are you?!"
"Right here." She said, woozy from the fall.
Lyte got up. "Is everyone okay?"
Azure was on top of Luka, and got up. "Emerald! Ruby! Where are they?!" He screamed.
"There they are!" Delilah pointed.
The two were unconscious, with Ruby on top of Emerald.
Ning ran over to them, and rubbed her hands together fast. "Clear!" She Yelled, electrocuting the two.
Ruby and Emerald woke up. "Oh my queens, what is going on?!" She Yelled.
The First descended. "Realia. She must be here. She's making her first move."
"What do we do first, m'lady?" Lyte asked.
"If she's here, then we must act. This is our chance to free her; we may not get another like this!" The First said. "Firstly, we must get out of the castle to evaluate the situation."
Emerald tried to stand up, but barely could. He couldn't even walk.
"Emerald, you need to recover. But we can't leave you here by yourself." The First said.
"I-" Gail raised her paw.
"I'll watch over him. If by some miracle he manages to recover in the next thirty minutes, then we'll join outside." Ruby said.
Gail sighed in annoyance, jealousy, and defeat.
Luka and Azure ran over to the two. "We can help." Azure said.
"No." Emerald rebutted. "You two should help the others. We'll be fine."
"Are you sure?" Luka asked.
"Yes." Emerald nodded.
"Very well." The First nodded. "Then Azure, Luka, Your highnesses, come with us." The team ran out of the room.
"Stay safe, young ones!" Delilah said as they left the room.
Emerald tried to stand up. He managed to stand on his feet, but could barely walk.
"Are you okay?" Ruby concerned.
"Still feel like crap. At least I can stand." Emerald groaned as he tried to move.
"What about your magic? Can that still work?"
Emerald tried focusing, but his Spark flickered, And sparked energy, causing him to groan in pain. "No good."
"Take it easy, then. You can't push yourself. I'm here to keep you safe, okay?"
Emerald smiled. "Thank... you." He said, panting.
The two were silent for a while, as Ruby was monitoring Emerald, making sure no one would try to ambush the two.
"Ruby?"
"Yes?"
"I've been wanting to ask you something. For a while now. But I'm not sure if now is the time." Emerald said nervously.
"You can ask me anything, Emerald. I'm all ears." Ruby replied.
"Are you sure?" Emerald asked.
Ruby nodded.
"Ruby... think about this. Us, at a romantic spot. The sun setting. What would you do... if I suddenly asked you..." Emerald began looking nervous.
"Ask me what?"
"What if I suddenly asked you these words: 'Ruby, w-'"
"Look out!" She yelled. She noticed something behind and above Emerald, on a ledge. She jumped in front of him, holding her spear.
It was Diamond, with several other armed goons.
"You two..." She said.
"What do YOU want with us?!" Ruby Yelled. "Come to kill my sweetheart while he's weak? Real noble of you, wench!" She screamed.
Diamond was holding a sword. She then jumped off the ledge and onto the two's level.
She then threw her sword to the side. "Please, you two. Listen to me."
"Huh?"

Meanwhile, the rest of team were running through the hallways of the castle, and fought some Corporation goons with unusual powers.
The team then made it outside the palace and found out what was going on.
The castle itself was being airlifted by several Arcana airships, and was detached from City Fera.
"Hol-lee crap." Shard cursed.
In the fleet of airships was a massive one, standing as a herald in the stormy sky. From the chains that the airships hooked onto the palace, several corrupted goons descended, armed to the teeth.
"What do you suppose we do?" Gail asked.
"We do what we Wielders do best: fight." The First said.
"Fine by me." Ning said, punching her fists together.
More goons descended onto the palace grounds.
The Wielders plus Azure and Luka began fighting with the corrupted goons.
Azure punched one in the face and stole his spear, knocking him off the edge like a golf ball.
Luka held her sword high and slashed the weapons out of many goon's grasps, and knocking them out.
Shard used his spear and ice magic to deal with the assailants, boasting in between each attack.
Gail used her wind magic to blow her enemies off the side of the palace.
Ning and Darla fought side by side, using their powers in conjunction.
Lyte flew in the air, attacking from above, alongside the First.
The two queens were hiding away from the battle, but were observing the conflict unfold.
After some battling, one of the Arcana airships exploded!
The team then saw what looked like a fleet of more Arcana airships open fire on the ones attacking the castle.
"What's going on?" Ning asked.
Suddenly, an airship from behind the palace moved to its front. On top of its deck was Diamond and Ruby.
A bridge lowered from the deck. "All of you! Get on!" Diamond Yelled, waving her hands.
The Wielders, Queens, Azure and Luka ran onto the deck.
"Hello, you." Darla said to Diamond.
"We meet again, Wielders." Diamond said.
Lyte grabbed his spear. "What do YOU want with us?"
"Hey, stop!" Ruby in between the two. "Diamond here never meant any harm! That machine we saw at her headquarters? That meant to contain Realia; the seal on her was weakening. Those plans we stole from the therapy clinic would've made it permanent, too."
"Then why did your crooks try to kill Emerald and Ruby? Why did they attack the Museum?" Gail asked.
"The Whisper that corrupted Realia... it's been leaking out of her sarcophagus and corrupting my guards! The Whisper sees the two as threats, because their powers are stronger than than you five's."
"So the seal was failing." The First said. "Well, it doesn't matter, we'll go confront Realia in that airship, and free her from the Whisper." The First pulled out her hand-made seal.
"So you're going pull that demon out her head and put into that. A simple plan, yet insane!" Diamond Yelled. "Actually, Do you even have a plan?"
Everyone looked each other. They said no.
"Figures. And we're heading right to her doorstep." Diamond shook her head. "This will be the end of Feral, then."
"Do not say that, we will be victorious!" Aradia said.
"Feral survived an apocalypse before, thanks to Emerald, Ruby, and everyone else who helped. With all of us, we can do it again." Delilah said.
"Speaking of your future husband Ruby, where is the guy?" Luka asked.
"Right here." Said Emerald running onto the deck. His legs finally worked, and his Spark was no longer cracked.
"Emerald. Where you were?" Azure asked.
"Spark therapy below deck. Now I feel like a new kitsune!" Emerald Yelled.
"Emerald." The First pulled out his green hood and a specially made sword, with an aesthetic to match his powers. "Welcome back."
Emerald put on his hood and grabbed his sword.
"Here." Ruby said, handing him the amulet she gifted him time ago. "If you lose this again, I'm taking it back." She jokingly said, holding a fire-based spear. "Now, What was it you wanted to tell me?"
"Ruby... no, not until after this is over. Then I'll tell you." Emerald winked.
Ruby smiled. "Don't worry. I know." She said to herself.
The Wielders readied themselves with weapons based after their elements.
"Dis is what I like to see, a big battle ready to unfold!" Shard said.
"All the suffering caused... it ends tonight!" Gail said.
"This is going to be great, right Darsy?" Ning said, patting Darla's back.
"Y-Yes. Let's do it!" She nervously said.
"Awaiting your orders, M'lady." Lyte said, putting on his hood.
"Wielders!" The First pulled her sword, and pointed it at the big airship. "It is time..."
Everyone on their hood.
"The Queen is waiting for us. We must go! And be brave! For Feral and beyond!"
All of them held their weapons high as the ship departed for the big one.