Trivia and Author's Sendoff

Welcome to the trivia and credits chapter!

Prologue:
- The Wielders were inspired by both the Champions from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and the Ninja from Ninjago. Coincidentally, the chapter came into existence the same day as Nintendo's E3 presentation, which included the sequel to Breath of the Wild.
- Shard, The Ice Wielder was inspired by the infamous character Cool Jimmy Neutron from the show Jimmy Neutron. In case it wasn't obvious, Shard speaks in a comedic Brooklyn accent. Furthermore, his cool personality comes from the fact that he uses ice magic.
- The Wielder's names are obvious puns.
Lyte is a respelling of light.
Gail is a respelling of gale, as in wind gale.
Shard is based after the phrase ice shard.
Ning is the last four letters in lightning.
Darla is somewhat based after the word dark.
- In case it wasn't obvious, Ning and Darla are in a lesbian relationship.

Chapter 1:
- Emerald's dream sequence was inspired by the opening of... (tried to count but fails)... several Zelda games.
- Defenders: Finale is an obvious bootleg of the movie Avengers: Endgame. Several characters in it are mentioned, which bootleg MCU characters. Oshtan is an anagram of Thanos. Colonel Feral is a parody of Captain America. Dark Spider is a parody of Black Widow. Steel Kitsune is a parody of Iron Man. Arachnid Fae is a parody of Spider-Man.
- The goon's strange chant (Huk-luk-luk-Yeah ooooh murder) is a reference to the Jimmy Neutron episode Jimmy on Ice, with a similar joke. (Look up Jimmy Neutron caribou Chant for reference,)
- At the end of the chapter, the goons mention several things, like the wind picking up, storms rolling in, weather getting cold, and it getting dark. This is a nod to a few of the Wielders.

Chapter 2:
- This is the first appearance of one of Darla's power, to manipulate emotions. This was inspired by Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Chapter 3:
- The lottery numbers joke in the chapter is based after a similar joke in the animation masterpiece Villager News 2.
- Wakai and Gertah were inspired by Guido and Luigi from the Cars movies.
- Wakai is French. His name deprived from the French-speaking character Waka from the game Okami.
- The museum raid is inspired by the tutorial mission from the game XCOM: Chimera Squad.

Chapter 4:
- The chapter's title is a reference to the title of the game XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
- Azure mentions a movie named Archetype. Archetype is a parody of the movie Avatar. In the real world, Avatar was the highest grossing movie until Avengers Endgame came around.
- The first reference to the Feral Wattpadder Perilplayz is found in this chapter. Namely, the radio mentions the characters Lillie and Robin, as a part of Team Rat Wall. A reference to the main characters of Peril's story The Rat Wall.
- The radio also mention a game called 'The Tale of Zella: Air of the Wilderness', an obvious spoof of Breath of the Wild.
- Spark Therapy was inspired by gene therapy.

Chapter 5:
-Early conceptualization of the chapter was intended for it to be a rivalry episode between Ruby and Gail. However, I felt that would conflict with the overall plot.

Chapter 6:
- The second Perilplayz reference is in this chapter. Lyte refers to a gang called the Wingwatchers. The Wingwatchers are the main villains of both of Peril's books.

Chapter 7:
- The gag with Shard signaling seemingly no one is a reference to a joke from the movie Monsters vs. Aliens.
- During the chapter, the exchanges between engineers reference dialogue from the opening of the game Black Mesa, a remake of the game Half-Life. A character named Freespark is mentioned, a reference to Gordon Freeman, the main character of Half-Life.
- The comedic exchange between Diamond and Shard is based after a joke from the animation Suction Cup Man 2. (Which is NOT meant for children.)
- Realia's story and position in the plot is inspired by the final bosses of the games Hollow Knight and Blue Fire. (Also like srsly play hollow knight its a masterpiece)

Chapter 8:
- The song at the beginning of the chapter is a reference to the song Breath and Bone, the theme song for the upcoming game Wizard with a Gun.
- The opening scene with The Wielders in the cell is inspired by the Abominable Snowman scene from the movie Monsters, Inc.
- The kobold character dating his hat, Berndt, is an NPC in Feral, and hosts the game's best quest.

Chapter 9:
- The concept of the memory forests came from the Dream Realm in Hollow Knight.
- The memory of Azure and Emerald at college and them splashing punch on themselves is a reference to the episode Tale of Two Stans from the show Gravity Falls.
-The memory of Emerald and Ruby meeting is inspired by a scene from the Spongebob episode Krusty Love.
- While obvious, the text of many memories were copied and pasted and slightly edited from Days of Darkness.

Chapter 10:
- The beginning of the chapter was based after the secret ending of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.
- Picken Palace is a thing mentioned in the chapter. It is an actual restaurant in Feral (although it is never actually seen in-game, it is just a cosmetic set)
- The Wielder's backstory is inspired by the Champion's backstory from BotW.

Chapter 11:
- The title of the chapter, 'Shadows of the Storm' is a nod to Darla and Ning.

Chapter 12:
- The title of the chapter, 'Frigid Winds' is a nod to Shard and Gail.
- Ruby going berserk upon seeing Emerald Get grazed by an arrow is inspired by a similar scene in the film Mitchells vs. the Machines.
- Emerald going berserk upon seeing Ruby get hurt is based after a scene of Groot going berserk in the movie Guardians of the Galaxy.

Chapter 13:
- The title of the chapter, 'Forest Fires', is a nod to Emerald and Ruby.

Finale Chapters:
- The image at the end of the first finale was drawn by me in Autodesk Sketchbook, so you know who to blame. It was inspired by the ending of the BotW dlc The Champion's Ballad.
- Ruby mentions something about a vandal destroying tree-heart engravings in Lakeroot Valley. This is a reference to a quest in Feral.
- Emerald mentions LaFayette, an NPC in Feral, who hosts a beautiful quest. The idea to bring him up was given to me by a player I met in Feral.
- Azure saying that Emerald looks like a 'lady's kitsune' is a reference to the first chapter of Days of Darkness.
- The final Perilplayz reference is in the third finale chapter, with the mention of an orange kitsune and pink senri. A reference to Robin and Lillie. They also say they should 'do it again', referring to the crossover me and Peril did. They also say they're on break until mid-August, which refers to Peril being at summer camp, and won't be returning to Wattpad until mid-August.

Very movie-like Credits:
Feral
Rise of the Wielders
A Feral Fanfiction by Claybear11
Original Characters designed by: Claybear11
Cover Art software: Autodesk Sketchbook
Crossover by: Perilplayz
Feral Game by: Wildworks
Special Thanks:
Perilplayz
elements12345
OceanClaw_x3
missyyvonne13
vulpesdolor
Cayden_uwu
ShaneekaIssachar12
In memory of:
Goddard, the Labrador retriever, and one hell of an old good boy.
2009- 2021.

Author's Sendoff:
Well, it's finished. Thank you so much for reading Rise of the Wielders! This story was a lot more ambitious than my last one, which I think is good.
Which one do I like more? I'm not sure to be honest. In Days of Darkness, more felt at stake, and the situation felt more dire, but the plot itself was kinda... eh alright?
With this, There's a more fleshed out plot, but I feel like some of the characters were bland (im looking at you lyte)
But either way, I'm proud of what I spawned, but what do you think? What can I improve on in the next story? Please give me your opinions so I can improve!
Also, Emeruby shipping forever.
In any case, thanks for sticking with me and I'll see you on the road ahead. My current agenda is to finish up Hunters of the Wild and work on another Feral book in the future.
Till next time! Stay feral!

To be continued in Realm of Darkwell...