Finale, Part 2: "Ruby, will you...?"

Several weeks had passed since Realia was freed.
Emerald was getting ready for another date with Ruby. He had planned a picnic at Lakeroot Valley.
Emerald walked up to a mirror and looked at himself in the reflection. He breathed deeply. "Will she accept it? Or will I make myself look like a fool?"
Emerald grabbed a note from off the desk, and something else. He put it in his pouch. He then grabbed the picnic supplies and headed off to Lakeroot.
After he headed through the travel gate, Azure, Lyte, Shard, Wakai, and Gertah peeked their heads out from behind a rock.
"Ever noticed how E is more tensed up on this date than any other we've been watching?" Azure asked.
"I wonder what's up with that?" Lyte asked.
"Maybe He has a surprise planned and he doesn't want to ruin anything." Wakai suggested.
"Let's see for ourselves. To Lakeroot!" Azure said. The guys then followed him through the gate.

Meanwhile...

At Ruby's sanctuary. She walked outside and breathed in the air. "Another date with Emerald. Something I can never get enough of." Ruby chuckled and walked to the travel gate.
After she teleported away, Luka, Gail, Ning, and Darla peeked out from behind a rock, not saying at word.

Ruby teleported in to Lakeroot Valley. She looked around for her beloved.
"Hey, Ruby!" Emerald waved from the distance, calling out to her.
Ruby saw him, smiled, and walked up to him. The two then walked to the picnic spot.
Luka and the other girls peeks out from behind a tree.
"I'm not sure what you're getting worked up about, Luka. This just seems like an average picnic date between the two." Darla said.
"That lad's going to say it to her someday, and I want in the room where it happens. It's too great of a moment to pass up." Luka said.
"Well, who said that was today? We don't know Emerald's schedule. That could be a long time before that happens." Gail said.

"I wonder what's eating him." Azure said.
"Jsab?" Gertah Asked.
"Maybe he's worried this picnic may flop. That my guess." Wakai said.
"Maybe." Lyte thought.

The two lovers were resting atop the picnic blanket, looking at the beautiful clouds in the sunset. They were sitting by a tree which had a heart engraved into it, with the initials 'E + R' in said heart as well.
"You know, that probably won't last long." Ruby said pointing at the heart on the tree.
"Why's that?" Emerald asked.
"I heard of some vandal in this valley who went around destroying multiple of these tree hearts. If you ask me, that's kind of cruel." Ruby said.
Emerald snickered to himself.
"What's so funny?" She asked.
"Remember that guy at Mugmyre? LayFayette?"
"Oh by the queens don't remind me. What's with you and that guy?"
"I'm sorry." Emerald continued to chuckle, then stopped. "Speaking of them, where do you think Realia and The First are?"
"Madeleine. The First is now named Madeleine. But if I were to guess, somewhere happy. Finally living the life they wanted. And that is what they're doing, then I'm happy for them." Ruby said.
"Ruby, where would you be happiest? Where would you want to be for the rest of your life?" Emerald asked.
"You mean beside being with you? A simple house. Bigger than the average one. Not too far from where we live, though. A house big enough to keep us safe for many decades. That would by my envisioning of a perfect house."
Emerald smiled. "That sounds like a beautiful place."
Emerald looked to his side. He pulled out a note, which contained things he wanted to say. He had to remember what it said because of what was about to come.
However midway through, he put it away. No. Not from paper. From the heart. He thought.
"Ruby?"
"Yes?"
"I want to show you something. Come with me." Emerald walked off, urging his beloved to follow.
She did just that.
The other gangs watched in silence.

The two made it to the top of a small observation platform by the river, which overlooked the valley and its gorgeous sunset.
"See That Village?" He pointed to the distance. "That's the Ogasa Village. That's where me and Azure lived as kids."
"Surely it must be nostalgic for you, right?"
Emerald smiled. "Yep. It is."
The two parties watched from below, silently.
"Anything you see out there? Anything catching your eye?" Emerald asked, with Ruby resting on him.
"The best thing I can see? I'm sitting next to it." Ruby said.
"I'm not that good looking, to be honest." Emerald said.
"Don't say that, yes you are." Ruby replied.
The two were silent for a few seconds. Emerald took a deep breath. 'I think it's time' he thought.
"Ruby? There's something I've meaning to tell you for a while." Emerald looked nervous.
What's this? For a while? Wait, could it be...? Ruby thought to herself. "What is it?"
Emerald grabbed her paw his his paw. "This may be a lot to take in but... we've been through a lot. We've faced the impossible, we've defied beings very few sparks could do, we've saved the world... and through both of these times, never has there been a moment where we did not care for each other. We've been with each other through hell and back, and I want to stay with you, for as long as we live."
This was sounding kind of familiar to Ruby. Where had she heard this speech before? "I-I want to stay by your side for as I live too, that's why I gave you the locket." She smiled, blushing.
Emerald began blushing as well. "You know, someone here seeing this... they might think we're crazy. Some may think relationships wouldn't get this far, this fast. Some may say we're rushing it. But... I don't care what those people may say. All I want to be by your side with you, to be with you, to comfort you, to love you."
Ruby finally remembered where she had heard this speech. She had a feeling of what was to happen. "E-Emerald?"
"Ruby." He smiled and stepped back.
Everyone watching dropped their jaws.
Emerald reached into his pouch and pulled something out. It was a small red box. Ruby remembered it from the memory forest formed by Emerald's Spark a time ago.
Ruby knew what this was. Her eyes began forming tears of joy.
"My love, Ruby will you..." Emerald sat down, held the box open one paw, and opened it. "Will you ma-"
"Yes." She said softly. "Yes. I will!" Tears of joy began rolling down both's faces
Emerald groaned sheepishly. "Argh! I spent days practicing that!"
"Sorry, sorry! You can say it. I won't interrupt." Ruby smiled.
"Okay. Ruby, my love. You will marry me?" He asked, with even more confidence, his face mostly red.
"Yes! Yes I will!" Ruby answered, with even more happiness. "Come here, you green softie!" She pulled him close and and kissed him on the lips.

Everyone watching looked absolutely happy for them.
"Well done, E. Well done." Azure said.
Lyte smiled. "Perfect harmony."
Shard just smiled, not saying a word.
"Marata ma gaven." Gertah said.
"Well said." Wakai replied.
Luka smiled and nodded once. "The promise is truly fulfilled now. Thank you, Ruby. And you're welcome."
Ning and Darla were holding hands, with Ning crying. "Are you Okay?" Darla asked.
"I always cry at proposals." Ning said.
"Well, mine's going to be a massive mess, then." Darla thought.
Gail smiled. "He's better off with her, I understand now."

The two finished their romantic exchange, and looked at each other over once more.
"Should I say *that* again, or do you get the memo?" Emerald asked.
"I understand the memo... but I wouldn't mind hearing you say it again." Ruby smiled.
"Alright. I love you, Ruby."
"I love you more, Emerald."

To be continued.