[T H R E E]

[Song Recommendation: Obinimi--Okean Elzy (Callmearco Remix)]

[Manga Spoiler for chapter 218. Its ep 100 of the anime, but the part I'm referencing has not been animated]

[Chapter Three]

Deku walked up behind me, grabbing my shoulder with a firm grip. He could tell what was on my mind, and I fucking hated that he could. I shrugged his hand off, making him say my name in a low voice.

"Kacchan, stop," He said firmly. I paused my movements, looking over my shoulder at him, eyes narrowed in a glare.

"What?" I barked. He wasn't phased by my aggressiveness. It didn't seem like he was at all anymore.

"I know how bad you're longing for her. I know how bad you miss her, trust me. I miss Ochako too. But we can not go back," He frowned. "Not right now."

I looked away, focusing my gaze on my feet. My hands balled into fists at my sides. I hated that he was right.

"Look, we know that Y/n is safe right now. All Might is staying with them. Eri healed all her wounds, so it's not like we have to worry about those affecting her," He said. "Kacchan, please. I know that it's hard right now, but I need you to focus. If you want to figure out what she meant, I'm going to need your full attention."

I knew that he was right. Hell, it seemed like he always was at this point. If I wanted to know why Y/n left that specific message, and what it had to do with everyone else, then he really did need my help. Between the two of us, Y/n disclosed a lot of information. We just had to put it all together and figure out what the hell she was even talking about.

"Yeah..." I sighed, turning around. Deku gave me a sympathetic look before raising two fingers to his ear.

"I.V.A.N," He said. "This is the correct location, right?"

"Yes. There is a back entrance six meters to your left. Dabi is inside."

"What's he doing?" I asked, flexing my hands.

"It seems like he's just standing there."

"He's waiting," Deku muttered.

"He knows we're here," I said. Deku nodded, and together, we approached the doors.

The facial scan I had I.V.A.N run, came back with a hit. Dabi. I knew that bastard would still be connected one way or another. We tracked him down to an apartment complex in Hosu city, and now, we were heading inside to interrogate him. We both agreed that bringing him in wasn't in our best obligations right now. If we turned him in, he might not disclose all the information he knew.

"Ah, there you two are,"

He was sitting on an old couch. He was placed in the center of it, one leg crossed over the other with his arms over the back. In front of him, two chairs sat, separated by a wooden coffee table. The apartment was run down, and you could tell no one had lived in here for a while.

We entered cautiously, scanning our surroundings for anyone that I.V.A.N may have missed in his initial scan. However, we found nothing. It was just Deku, Dabi, and I.

He took an arm from beside him, motioning to the two chairs. "Have a seat. Don't be shy. I have no intentions of harming or fighting you. I've only come to talk."

"What the hell do you have to talk about?" I asked, Deku and I slowly easing into the chairs. We kept our guard up, though.

Leaning forward, Dabi replaced his arms onto his thighs, letting his hands dangling between his legs. "In a sense, you and I are the same, Bakugou Katsuki."

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm nothing like you, you piece of shit. Don't you even dare compare me to you."

"Oh, but we have at least one thing in common," He stated, flicking his gaze to me. "You and I are left in a predicament where our soulmates are left in a life-threatening position."

"What are you talking about?" Deku asked. "Something happened to your soulmate?"

Dabi sat back. "The people who want Y/n's Nullification quirk wanted my soulmate's quirk too. Nightmare Mist. Whoever breathes it in, will succumb to its effects. It messes with the chemical in their brains and causes them to hallucinate their worst fear."

"Who?" Deku asked, his voice still muffled by his mask.

"Yotsubashi Rikiya," He said.

"I.V.A.N--"

"I'm ahead of you, Dynamight. Yotsubashi Rikiya is the CEO of Detnerat Leading Support Style Company. They make special customizations for people with quirks that affect their physical appearance. They just recently began diving into hero support as well."

"Detnerat?" Deku echoed. "I've heard of them before. But what the hell do they want with those kinds of quirks?"

"His old man was Yotsubashi Chikara," Dabi said. "The leader of a liberation army. He thought that the world should have free rein over their quirks. That there shouldn't be any rules or regulations in place for them. The old bastard created an entire army that had the same beliefs. He and everyone else got caught, and before he killed himself in jail, he wrote a book with those beliefs inside."

"And let me guess, that Rikiya guy is following after his father?" I frowned.

"But that does that have to do with Y/n's and your soulmate? What kind of importance do they have?" Deku asked.

"Kimina's quirk would stun the enemy. Y/n's would destroy anyone in their way," Dabi said.

"Where is your soulmate?" Deku asked.

"I don't know," Dabi answered. "And that's why I'm here."

"You want us to find her?" I scoffed. "Find her yourself, bastard."

"Kacchan," Deku said, glancing at me in the corner of his eye. "We'll help you, but only under one condition,"

Now he had Dabi's attention.

I grinned, turning my head to look at the burnt bastard.

"You tell us everything you know about Y/n and the people after her."

[Chapter Two End]
[Date: 8 July 2021]
[image not mine]

[edited]