[F O U R T Y- T W O]

[Song recommendation: What Was I Made For --- Billie Eilish]

[Warning: long chapter, angst, idk if I would consider this self harm but I will list it as a warning just it case it may trigger someone <3]

[Chapter Fourty-Two]

"Y/n?"

The darkness that clouded my vision slowly began to creep away. The haziness lingered, but I'd recognize those beautiful ruby eyes anywhere. I still remembered that fluttering feeling that erupted in my stomach when I first saw them. It wasn't the same fluttering I got when I was stuck in a room full of people, or when I was forced into something I didn't want to do. That feeling when I saw his eyes for the first time; it was a good kind of flutter.

I could recognize him by the sound of his calloused voice, by the caramel scent that always lingered around him because of his quirk; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths fanned through the air and his feet touched this Earth. I would know him in death, and I would know him at the end of the world. I'd know him in every universe, no matter how his appearance or personality changed.

Katsuki's eyebrows laced together in distress. His loose clothing rustled around his body, his hair shifting in different directions because of the wind. His eyes were wide, filled with a mix of emotions, ones that I couldn't clearly distinguish. A soft purple glow illuminated his body, but the longer I stared at him, the dimmer it became.

"What are you doing?"

I don't know, Katsuki. I'm scared. I just want to go home. Can you take me home?

The faces around him were still blurry, merely smudges of ink. But him? He was an intricate painting. Every detail of his face had been carefully created, his beauty nothing I'd ever seen before.

His gaze softened ever so slightly—you'd have to know him like I did to even notice it, it was so subtle.

"There you go, sweetheart."

His steps toward me were cautious. His hands were raised, like he was approaching something dangerous. Why was he acting so careful? And those voices; they were muffled, but I knew that they were shouting.

"Hey, hey," His voice cut through theirs. "Don't look at them. Look at me. Focus on me."

Wisped hands reached out toward him. They grabbed at his shoulders and pulled on his clothing, trying to drag him away from me. I stepped forward, my hands shooting out toward him.

They couldn't take him away from me. Katsuki was all I had. Katsuki was all I cared about anymore. He was the only reason I hadn't sealed myself away in a different dimension where no one could ever find me again. They couldn't take him. They couldn't hurt him. I'd kill them before they got the chance!