[F O U R]

[Song Recommendation: A Cold Freezin' Night-- The Books]

[Chapter Four]

"This meeting never happened," Dabi said, before disappearing from the door.

I sighed, letting my head fall into my hands. Everything that Dabi had told us, we already knew. Whether or not he could have been lying, he knew just as much as we did. And that wasn't very much.

"Come on," Deku said, standing up. "I want to check something out back at UA."

"UA?" I echoed. "What are you wanting to go back there for?"

"I have a feeling Y/n left something we didn't find in her lab. You have a key for her dorm room, don't you?" He asked, looking at me as I followed his movements.

"Yeah," I frowned.

"Then let's go."

...

"I thought you'd come back here."

We both jumped. The room filled with a green glow as Deku activated his quirk, his guard raising immediately. However, as I spotted the figure spread across Y/n's bed, I put my hand up, signaling him that it was fine.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He sat up, cracking his neck as he did.

"My parents were worried. They hadn't heard anything, and when All Might told us you both went rogue...well....call it intuition, but I knew you'd come back," He stood up, his blue eyes landing on our faces. Deku relaxed as he stepped forward, letting the light from the window pour over him.

"Keiji?" Deku asked.

"I was wrong about the both of you. And I never got to tell you that I'm sorry," He said.

"You don't have to apologize to us," I muttered.

"We were the ones who got Y/n in this whole mess. We should be apologizing to you," Deku said.

"Well, we all three feel guilty then," He chuckled airily. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I know you came back to look for something that Y/n left behind...and I think I know what it was."

"What are you..."

I trailed off, watching Keiji walk over to her dresser. He opened the top drawing, taking a stack of tank tops and placing it on top. I walked towards him, peering around him as he pressed two fingers to the bottom of the drawer. A board lifted.

A secret compartment?

He reached inside, taking a small plastic square from inside. He held it out to me. When I took it, I frowned. I knew what this was. It looked something like the chip Y/n and I got a hold of before Dabi took her the second time.

"How did you know this was here?" I asked, looking at him. Keiji slid the bundle of socks over, placing the tank tops on the opposite side.

"Everything had a place in Y/n's room. And it's always been the same, even when she was little," He replied. "Socks on the right, tank tops on the left. Pants on the right, shirts on the left. She hung her nicer clothing in the closet, arranging them by color. She'd always been a neat freak and was so nitpicky about how her room was organized. Jojo and I used to sneak in her room when she'd be at something and fuck with her shit. She'd get so pissed when she'd come home. When I saw the top drawer was reversed, I knew something was up."

"Y/n's smart," Deku said. "She knew you'd find it."

"Yeah," He said, looking towards me. "She's okay...Katsuki. She still hasn't woken up, but...she recognizes our voices. I swear to God, I felt her squeeze my hand yesterday."

"What about your families?" I asked. Keiji lowered his gaze, letting it drift to the picture on the dresser. It was of their family, and what looked like the beach. Another was connected to it, with their family, and their soulmates and children. On the opposite side, and picture of Y/n and I sat.

Reaching forward, he took the picture. "We don't know. I've tried to call Sara...but...I get nothing. Jojo's pacing back and forth, trying to find Hana. Miyu's devastated over Kazuko. I'm just glad my parents are still together. I don't think any of us would be able to keep calm without them here."

"I'm sorry you all have to go through this," I muttered.

"You don't have to apologize," He sighed, putting the picture back. "You're in the same situation we are. We know you miss her more than we do."

"Dynamight, Deku, the security cameras are coming back online. You need to leave."

I.V.A.N's voice filled our ears, making Deku and I share a glance. "Kei, we have to go," I said, facing him.

"I know. Just...do me this one favor, Katsuki," He said. I followed the movement of his hand as he grabbed my shoulder. I felt my eyes widen as he tugged me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me, gripping the back of my shirt tightly.

"Come back alive. You mean as much to us as Y/n does. I don't want her to wake up and find out that her soulmate isn't here anymore. You have to make sure you take care of yourself. And Deku, too. Watch out for each other,"

I closed my eyes, wrapping an arm over his back. "We will, Kei."

"You don't have to worry about us. Just make sure nothing happens to Y/n," Deku said, offering a soft smile. We bid goodbye to him, replacing the coverings over our faces before slipping from the window. As we did, I.V.A.N spoke up.

"The security cameras are now online. Turn left and leave through the forest. All traces of you have been erased from the files."

"Thanks, I.V.A.N," I breathed.

"You're welcome, Dynamight."

"Let's get back," Deku said, glancing at me as we jumped over the wall, avoiding Hound Dog. "We'll go through the chip tomorrow. We both need to rest for now. We haven't been able to in God knows how long."

"Yeah," I nodded, my lips turning into a frown as he jumped up.

Don't worry, Y/n. I got you. And I'm never going to let you go again. I can promise that much.

[Chapter Four End]
[Date: 8 July 2021]
[image not mine]
[edited]

[Chapter Four End][Date: 8 July 2021][image not mine][edited]