[S I X T E E N]

[Song recommendation: Cardigan --- Don Toliver ]

[Warning: None]

[Chapter Sixteen]

Papers were scattered across every surface in the room. Some were crumbled up, others laid neatly in piles or tossed to the side. In some of them, I could make out the words of articles and reports, others were just pure computer code that made absolutely no sense to me. But it must have made sense to Y/n.

In the middle of the room, a holographic screen was being projected from the silver disk on the table—another one of her gadgets, no doubt. She was standing in front of it, her eyebrows laced together in concentration, her fingers gliding across the surface as her eyes rapidly skimmed through whatever she looked at to the next thing she pulled up.

Power Loader hadn't been able to find her anywhere after she didn't show up for class this morning. He came to Aizawa while we were outside training, thinking that she may have been with us. After realizing that she wasn't, he left to try and find her. After class was over, I searched for her as well.

I could see that she had been in here all day. In fact, from the dark circles under her eyes, something told me she'd been in here all night. I thought she had left the school to stay with her parents. Guess I was wrong.

She muttered to herself as she hovered her hands over the screen, trying to find whatever she was looking for. When she found it, I felt my eyebrows furrow widen at the camera footage that began to play. It started out as static first, but it soon cut into video surveillance. Y/n's breath hitched and she pressed a button hesitantly, making the audio fill the room.

"Please!" A woman's voice flooded my ears. I slowly walked forward to see better, stopping beside Y/n. My eyes widened.

A girl with red hair was on the ground, weakly trying to push herself up. She failed a few times, opting to rest her weight on her forearm. She was trembling, and through the strands of her fiery hair, I could see the cuts and bruises lining her pale skin. When she lifted her head, her green eyes welled with tears, and she tried to glare, though it was just pathetic.

"Is that...?"

"I.V.A.N," Y/n whispered, her gaze never leaving the screen. "Run facial recognition."

"It's Kimina Rin."

"Shit!" She exclaimed. "Track the IP address down! Find who the hell is broadcasting this to me!"

"My systems aren't functioning correctly. IP tracking and transmission are being blocked by an external source."

Y/n pushed the video to the corner of the screen. She was typing so fast, opening one thing before closing another, her face scrunching up in aggravation. Her hands couldn't stop shaking.