[F O U R T Y- T H R E E]

[Song recommendation: Labyrinth --Miracle Musical, Shane MauX, KAYE]

[Warning: none]

[Chapter Fourty-Three]

"There's no doubt about it now."

Daisuke's voice cut through the thick silence like a cleaver. Slowly, I lifted my gaze from my feet. Katsuki held my arm, his eyes falling into narrow slits.

Daisuke shoved the rubble away from him, lifting a hand to the back of his neck. A slight crack filled the air as he released a satisfied sigh, his eyes landing upon mine. He stepped out from the pieces of debris, brushing the dust from his shirt before stopping across from Katsuki and I.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Katsuki growled. "No doubt about what?"

"Easy," He said. "I'm on your side. I won't hurt her. And I'm talking about the parallels. She was right. In every universe—it's the same."

I felt my eyebrows furrow together. "W-What?"

"You're smart, Y/n," Daisuke sighed. "Don't tell me that this was the one thing that slipped past you."

I held Katsuki's arm. "I-I don't...I don't understand."

"Look at us—Katsuki and I."

Katsuki seemed surprised by the usage of his first name. Daisuke narrowed his eyes, his eyebrows pinching together, the corner of his lips tugging into a frown. I looked back at Katsuki, and my heart sunk into the pits of my stomach. There was no way...

"You weren't the one to close that portal, Y/n," Daisuke said. "I was. And I did it to keep the League out of your world. I couldn't risk a repeat of what happened to mine."

"T-To yours?" I whispered. "What are you talking about?"

His shoulders rose and fell with a heavy sigh.

"My name isn't Daisuke Coran."

Oh, God. No. There was no possible way. There was no such thing as...

"My name is Bakugou Katsuki."

My eyes widened. My breath caught in my throat as my entire body froze. Katsuki's lips parted, his face twisting in shock.

Daisuke and Katsuki had always resembled each other. But Daisuke's eyes had always been heavier, always darker than what Katsuki's eyes were. His hair was shorter too when I first met him, but now, it was long enough to brush over the tops of his shoulders. But the structure of his face, of his nose, his jaw, his cheekbones, his eyebrows and the shape of his eyes—they were identical.

"I'm just not the Bakugou from either of your worlds," He explained further. "I had the same quirk: explosion, but it was stolen by All for One. And the Y/n of my world—she was quirkless. Or, so everyone thought. All for One was powerful, but his power became too great, and it was leading to the destruction of our world. My Y/n...she had the same quirk as you. She opened portals around the world and evacuated the people of my world to different ones across the universe. Then, she sacrificed herself, and destroyed our world, with All for One with it."