Chapter Three

*Harrys POV*

Later that afternoon after football practice, and telling the team my plan, I found myself dressed up in clothes that weren't so colourful for a change.

I was headed over to the West side of town, to find the schools blueprint in their local library. I couldn't find anything online, so I really hoped that I'd be able to find some type of blueprint or map in the library. I really couldn't let this plan fail now.

I know what people over there were like because I'd heard stories from when Liam and Niall went out to parties over there. According to them, the majority of them are drug dealers or thugs that are bound to mug you.

As much as I disliked wearing the colour black- not even a colour, its a shade- I decided it was best. I didn't want to wear my usual colourful clothing, to avoid standing out in the crowd. I didn't want to draw attention to myself, because god knows I cant defend myself against those low lifes if they try anything. I'm not sure my 6 years of Tennis training would get me anywhere in saving myself, and I didn't know Karate or any other fighting techniques like that, so I just hoped my dark clothes were enough.

I don't want Liam to know that im going over to West side. Im sure he would make me take someone with me, but I want to do something by myself for once. I'm turning 16 in 12 days for fucks sake. I don't need to be babied around anymore.

Liam has Maya over anyway, so I doubt he'll even notice im gone. Nialls mum called earlier, complaining about how he never spends dinner with her anymore, and that tonight he had to come home and spend time with the family instead of living off all our supplies. Liam and I don't mind though, Niall is good to have around. Hes nice to hang out with and since hes friends with both Liam and myself, he keeps the two of us from arguing too much.

its 4:50pm when I sneak outside in nothing but a black hoodie and a pair of Nialls skinnies. They bunch up at my ankles since hes got big muscly legs from playing football, and I don't. But I suppose that's okay. They cover my purple socks, anyway. I didnt have any plain white or black ones to wear since they all either have patterns on them or are coloured. Maybe I should consider adding some 'normal' clothes to my wardrobe, you know, for emergency moments such as this one.

its a little cold out, but the suns still high enough in the sky. I should be able to make it to the library and back before sunset.

I jump on the next bus into town. I haven't caught a public bus in ages, because ive either had an Uber, or Liam to drive me everywhere.

I sat down at the back of the bus on the long seat, next to the window. There were only 2 other people on board. A man who looks homeless, and a junkie with blood shot eyes. I think I can see a literal needle sticking out of her handbag.

God, it would be so embarrassing of someone from school were to see me. How would I explain that to them?

eventually the bus comes to a stop right outside the library. I get off and see theres a group of scary looking teenagers hanging out under the library stairs. They glare at me as I walk in, making me swallow. Maybe the West side was a lot more scarier than I originally thought.

The library is small, smaller than the one on my side of town. There aren't any people in here at all, besides an old woman, I assume to be the librarian, behind a desk playing what looked so be solitare. How strange. I cleared my throat to get her attention. It took two or three times before she looked up and noticed me standing there. This woman should invest in some hearing aids, if her librarians salary in enough to cover it.

I scold myself for thinking so poorly about another person. It really is unlike me, but all this is new to me. I've never been anywhere on the West side besides the school, to see Liam and Niall play. I didnt know the place was this crappy.