Chapter Twenty-Nine

^^ Alr but sugar daddy Louis 🦋
--

Naturally, Niall and I made the auditions for band.

They were quite impressed after Niall and I preformed 'Isn't she lovely' by Stevie Wonders together. Niall played his guitar as backup, and we got straight through.

Now we're officially members of Cheshire Selective High School's band.

Sweet.

We don't know anybody else in the band besides Luke, and I honestly hadn't expected Luke to be someone into band and all that, but turns out he can play football AND sing. He's a man of many talents.

The other two kids in the band are girl two girls named Rebecca and Layla. I think they're sisters, maybe even twins? Who knows. They look very alike with blonde shoulder length hair and bright green eyes, much like my own. From what I'd seen so far they seem to be pretty nice people.

Our first rehersal is today at lunch, and when Niall and I walk into the choir room at first half, Rebecca and Layla are already there waiting.

"Hi!" Layla says enthusiastically when she see's un enter. "Niall and Harry, right?"

"Yeah thats us." I smile warmly and we take a seat on the stage next to them.

We engage in conversation and learn that Rebecca and Layla are twins after all. Theyre both in our grade and their older brother, Dylan, is actually on the team.

When Luke walks in, ten minutes late (of course, because that's just such a Luke Hemmings thing to do) he gets us all up.

"Okay so they wanted to shut down band this year after the seniors left last year. I had to beg the principal to let us keep it opened, so this is our only chance. No stuffing this up." Luke says. "We're preforming at the Music & Arts assembly in May. Thats two months away. If we do well then, we're allowed to keep the band."

"Wicked," Niall says. "So what are we preforming?"

"We're writing our own music." Luke says simply and i watch Niall choke on his saliva.

"I can't even write my English essay! I made Harry do it for me!" He blurts out then slaps his hand over his mouth. "I mean i would never cheat-"

"This isn't about writing facts, Niall. It's writing down your feelings. Putting your emotions into words, onto paper. Its not that difficult actually, its quite fun. I do it all the time." Luke tells us.

"Who does that in their spare time?"Niall snorts and i smack him in the back of the head lightly.

"Shut up Niall." I laugh, and he gives me an offended look.

"So, what are we writing about?" I ask, pulling the sleeves of my sweater over my hands. Its quite cold in this room with the air-con on.

"Anything. Anything and eveeything you want. We'll all attempt to write something, and then the best work will be used at the assembly. Any questions?"

Layla raises her hand.

"Yes Layla?" Luke asks, and everyones attention turns to her.

"Uh.. well what happens if we dont have a good enough song to preform?"

"Don't worry. I have hope in us! If not we could always just cover a Taylor Swift song. You can tever go wrong with her." Luke says and i one hundred percent agree.

Over the course of the next hour, Niall and I get to know Layla and Rebecca (or 'Bec') much better. We do practice, and it turns out that our voices run pretty smoothly together. We harmonize quite well.