Chapter Thirteen

It's 11:30am when Louis is finally finished practice.

I had watched Louis play for a bit. I have to say, he looked good running down the field after a ball. I got bored eventually, though, and began watching 'The Duff' on Netflix on my phone.

Louis runs up to me. He hadn't bothered changing out of his football uniform. His her was all over his face, a few strands sticking to his lips.

"Zayn's coming over for a bit. His mums at work and he forgot to grab the house key so he's locked out." Louis tells me, much to my dismay.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groan. "Your friends are really annoying."

"Tell me about it." He sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"Hey mate, ready to go?" Zayn asks, coming back from the locker room in a tank top and sweats. "I assume little Styles is coming?"

"Wha- I'm not little," I tell them.

"Yes you are." They moth say at the same time.

"How old are you again?" Zayn questions, glancing between Louis and I.

"Sixteen." Louis replies for me. "Now lets go back to my place. Don't be an ass, Zayn. Harry's going through a lot tight now and doesn't need your pointless banter."

"Okay mum." Zayn mocks, then turns to me and sticks out his hands. "I haven't officially introduced myself yet, have I? I'm Zayn Malik, Louis bestie."

He says 'Bestie' in a sarcastic tone, shooting Louis fake heart eyes. Louis just slaps him in the shoulder.

I take his and shake it.

"Harry Styles." I say, even though i'm aware he already knew this.

"Alright. Off to the Tomlinson residence it is!"

--

"So we were at my mums lake house for the summer. I walked in on Liam changing and he was wearing SpongeBob boxers!"

Louis is in the shower right now, and I'm stuck in his living room telling embarrassing stories about Liam when we were kids to Zayn, who is literally on the floor holding his stomach because he was laughing so hard.

"You can't be serious!" He slaps the floor. We're actually getting on well now. Bullying Liam seems to be something we can bond over.

"I'm not kidding! Also the summer before 6th grade he had a full Justin Bieber haircut! I'll have to show you the photos sometime." I say in between my own laughs. Just then my phone starts ringing and Liams name is displayed on the screen. I'd been ignoring Liam and Niall's calls the entire day, but I couldn't ghost them forever.

"Speak of the Devil." I roll my eyes, and Zayn smirks. "I've got to answer, otherwise he'll probably file a missing persons report or some shit."

I slide left and answer. Liam's voice floods the quiet room, loud on speaker.

"Harry Edward, Niall and I have been trying to get in touch with you for thirteen and a half hours!" He hisses. "Where the hell have you been?"

Zayn snorts and I press a finger to my lips, telling him to shut up.

"I've been with Perrie," I lie smoothly. "Stayed the night. I walked to her house and the cold wind sparked my cold up again. I wasn't feeling well enough to go to school so we both skipped and stayed at home together."

Perrie was actually out on a field trip to London for her art class. Liam wouldn't know since he's suspended, but at least its believable, just in case Liam asks Niall if Perrie was present in rollcall. I would have to text her and tell her to cover for me soon.

"I don't care. You had us all worried sick! Niall started crying for fucks sake, the poor lad thought you'd been abducted! You were out of line leaving like that. Get your ass home right now or you'll be grounded for a month."

"Fuck off Liam, you're not mum. I'll be back when i'm back."

I press the 'end call' button. As soon as I do, Zayn bursts into yet another fit of laughter.

"Get your ass home or you'll be grounded for a month." He mocks, and I roll my eyes. Then Louis comes down the stairs with only sweat pants hung dangerously low on his hip bones, showing off his perfectly defined abs, and dripping wet hair in his bright blue eyes.

"Who was that on the phone then?" He asks, sinking down onto the couch opposite me.

"Liam. He want's me home." I say. "I told him I stayed with a friend last night and that I didn't go to school cause I'm 'sick'."

"Oh, well I don't want you walking round here alone. We can drive you?" Louis offers, and Zayn nods.

"I don't want to be a bother, you guys don't have to waste your time with me, just hang out together. I'll be fine." I assure them, but Louis still looks hesitant.

"No Harry, I'm dropping you off on your street. Come on, lets get in the car." He insists, grabbing a random shirt and pulling it over his head.

I don't argue because there's no use. The three of us head out to the car.

"I call shotgun!" I claim my spot in the passenger seat, and Zayn fakes a wounded expression.

"Wow Louis. Replacing me with a Styles?" He jokes. "Didn't think you'd stoop that low, bestie."

after Louis tells Zayn to stop being rude, and Zayn insists he was only joking, then apologising to me, we're pulling out of the driveway and are headed off East.

When we pull up out the front of my house, Zayn whistles.

"Sheesh, and how much money did mummy buy this place for, Princess?" Zayn teases.

"Shut up Zack." I flip him off and he sticks his tongue out at me like a child. He really isn't that bad of a guy. "Thanks for the ride, Louis."

I climb out of the car and shut the door, but Louis rolls down the window to speak.

"Anytime." He smirks again. "See you round, Curly."

"I could say the same for you, Tomlinshit." I reply, and I hear Zayn crack up in the back. Louis slaps his knee and rolls his eyes, before sending me one last smile and then driving off again.