Chapter Thirty-Nine

Guess who's back 😏

—————

"Piss off," Louis hisses, elbowing Liam in the ribs when he attempts to pick up Louis' suitcase for him. "I can do it myself."

Come Easter break, Harry had oh so cheerfully dragged everybody over to his and Liam's house to prepare for their two week trip to Lancaster. After packing all of his and Louis' suitcases himself - much to Louis' displeasure (he hated having Harry work for him, even though Harry was more than ecstatic to help out).

Now, they were packing their bags into three different cars - Liam's, Louis' and Zayn's.

Liam was adamant on carrying all the bags by himself, probably in an attempt to prove how manly he was to Niall and Louis, but obviously Louis wasn't having his shit when he went to pick up Louis' bags.

"Ow, what the fuck. Didn't know it was yours." Liam hisses, rubbing his rib and shooting a glare Louis' way.

"We'll now you do." Louis grins, heaving his own bag up off the ground and into the trunk. That was all that could fit, so he closes the door and brushes his hands off.

Liam turns away with a grunt, and Louis can only smile in triumph, before the screen door opens and out comes a beautiful, smiling Harry - his curls pushed back in his signature bandana, showing off his delicate facial features perfectly. He's dressed in a pair of black booty shorts and a tie-dye, semi oversized T-Shirt that enhanced his tanned skin and toned legs.

Louis could only drool over the younger boy. It seemed his presence in the garden dimmed the sun. Harry really was like a shot of espresso. A constant light in Louis' life.

He skips down the path, a bag strung over his shoulders as he slides a pair of trendy, red heart-shaped glasses up his nose, offering a matching pair to Louis as he approaches.

"Louis!" He grins, placing the glasses in Louis' hands. "Match with me! I'll put this bag in the front, it's got water and that."

Louis shakes his head. "Babe, I love you to the stars and back, but there's no way you're getting me to wear heart glasses."

Harry stops in his tracks and frowns.

"Fine." That's enough for Louis to give in. He slides the glasses on, and Harry's smile is back. It was worth looking like an idiot, he supposes.

"Thank you!" Harry leans over and kisses his cheek sweetly, and Louis almost melts. Liam coughs awkwardly across from them and Harry flips him off.

Hm. Louis had taught him well.

"Zayn!" There's a scream from across the lawn, where Zayn was leaning against the bonnet of his own car, on the phone. Everyone looks up at the noise, and there's Perrie, sprinting up the grass into her boyfriends arms. She hadn't been able to make it the night before, so she hadn't seen any of them since school ended on Friday three days prior.

Louis smiles as Zayn pulls the girl into his arms. Louis truly was happy for him. They made a good pair, and it was nice to see Zayn settling down.

After Harry had greeted Perrie and they were all settled, Liam spoke up.

"So, you lot ready to go?"

Harry nods, full of excitement, and once everyone agrees they're ready to leave, they're set.

—————

Harry gets into Louis' car, Lottie and Eleanor get into Liam's car with Niall, and Zayn and Perrie go together.

A half hour into the two hour trip, Harry's already hungry.

"Can we pull over? I'm hungry." Harry states. Louis groans.