Chapter Twelve

Two hours later, i found myself dressed still in Louis' varsity hoodie thing, with black skinnies, and my banana holding my hair in place, outside his school.

Louis decided It'd be fun if i snuck into school with him and watched footie practice, that way i could meet all his mates on the team and see that they really weren't as bad as Liam made them out to be.

Louis had been being so sweet since last night. Everything seemed to be happening so fast, but Louis didn't mind. He'd rather be doing whatever they're doing now that going back to pretending to hate each other for the sake of Liam.

According to Louis, Friday is their early leave day. They spend the entire 3 hours they have at school training.

No wonder they're so good.

"Okay, so obviously you already know your way around this place, courtesy of last night," He teases, and I flush. "So I doubt you'd get lost, but I need to tell you who and where to stay away from."

Oh shit.

"I- why do I have to stay away from people?" I ask Louis, picking at my fingernails nervously. He lets out a light laugh and slips his arm around my waist. Okay. We're doing this now?

"Because, young Harold." He starts. "Not everyone around here loves me. And not just that, If they find out your from the East side, I'm not certain things are gonna end well. People here hate you guys."

"If I die today, I'm blaming you." I joke, but my voice is shaky.

"Hey, don't worry love. You'll be fine with me." Louis tells me sweetly, then continues.

"Okay, so. Stay away from the druggies, obviously. " He points to a group by the stairs. They've all got bloodshot eyes and distant looks. "Stay away from the guys in the hockey team uniform. They hate me for some reason. Also stay away from the 'wannabe popular' group, you'll know them when you see them. And lastly, stay away from the teachers. They'll notice you're not from here."

"I can just say I'm not in their class, can't I?" I ask Louis. surely the teachers don't know every student in the entire school.

"No. You're too pretty to be from here. You look expensive. I mean, your jeans are Calvin Klein and your hair is so shiny and bouncy." Louis says, looking me up and down. I frown, I'd never been self conscious about myself before because I like the way I look, but the thought of not fitting today and having everyone stare at me is scary.

"Okay. So we go straight to the field?" I ask. Louis nods. Then we head down to the field where the rest of The Rogue is waiting at the bleachers, being idiots and spraying each other with their water bottles.

I'd never actually seen any of them up close before besides Louis, but I recognised some faces from the field.

"Zayn, stop wetting Nick, asshole." Louis snaps, and the entire team look up to their captain. Then their eyes drift over to me in confusion.

"As you lot probably know, East took our trophy. You may have seen it on top of the clock tower this morning. I tried to get it back down, but then I got.. distracted." Louis glances at me and smirks subtly. I was the only one to notice, luckily. "So who here can climb?"

A few of the boys put their hands up, and Louis sends two seniors off to collect the trophy that we'd stolen last night. Oops.

"Anyway. This is Harry Styles, and he's watching practice today."

That caught their attention.

"Styles? Like, Liam Styles?" Someone says, and the team breaks into whispers. A few of them glare at me. How welcoming.

"Yeah, get some Lou!" Zayn shouts jokingly, earning a pointed look from Louis. Then he shuts up.

"Yes, Harry is Liam's brother, but he's not a dick. He's staying today, I don't wanna hear a word from any of you about him being related to Liam. Clear?" The boys nod. "Okay, go change into your gear."

The boys get up and walk towards the locker room, some looking back at me as if I were a ticking bomb or something.

"Alright love, you can sit down over on the bleachers." Louis says softly. "I'm gonna change."

He takes off to the locker room with his shoulder bag, and I'm left alone. I walk to the bleachers and sit down, waiting.

Zayn is the first one to finish changing. He exits the locker rooms clad in his white jersey with the numbers "25" plastered on the back. Then he approaches me.

"So," Zayn smirks, and I raise an eyebrow. "Louis Tomlinson. Getting it on with a Styles. God, when did this happen?"

"I- We didn't-" I stutter, face red, but Zayn cuts me off with a light laugh.

"Oh c'mon, you're wearing his Rogue jumper! He won't even let me touch it, and I'm his best mate. Plus, he didn't pick up any of my calls last night, and you've got Hickeys all up your neck. You can't tell me you didn't bed him." Zayn accuses. This is the most embarrassed I've felt ever.

"Why are you so invasive?" I groan, shoving my face in my palms.

"Ha!" Zayn exclaims. "I knew it, you totally went down on him!"

What is wrong with him? Does he not know that normal people don't speak about such things? Then again, he is from the West.

"Jealous, Zayn?" Louis asks, popping out of nowhere and slipping an arm protectively over my shoulder. jesus, It's not like we're dating. He's dressed in the same white jersey as Zayn, but again, with the number '28'. He also has the captains band around his arm. God he's hot. It should be illegal for dick heads to look this way.

"Nah, I'm just wondering-" Zayn was interrupted by the two guys Louis' had sent off to get the trophy earlier. Niw they were back, holding it.

"Hey Cap," One of the guys says. He's got blonde hair and bright green eyes. "We got it down. Took us a minute. This was attached to it though." He says, holding out the polaroid we'd taken last night.

Zayn snatches it before Louis can. His eyes scan the photo of the team, his eyes lingering on Liam and I in the very front of the photo, smiling like idiots.

"You helped them?!" Zayn points a finger at my chest. "Louis, why did you even bring him here when he's running round doing Liam's dirty wor-"

"Seriously? Are you forgetting how you guys came round to my place the other day and preformed a one sided water fight?" I interrupt. "Of course I wanted to help get back at you. Plus, it was my birthday yesterday and I wanted to do something fun."

The mention of the water incident shuts Zayn up and he storms off towards the field.

"Sorry 'bout him, he'll warm up to you. And sorry if him talking like that made you feel uncomfortable." Louis was being so kind to me. After we did the deed I assumed things would just go back to how they were before. The light banter and coincidental run-ins everywhere we went. I don't know why he's acting like this but im guessing he just feels bad for me, after my fight with Liam.

"Its alright." I giggle. "Go, your teams waiting for you, Tomlinson."

"Right. Don't pop one watching me play, Styles." He winks, then jogs off towards the field and starts ordering the boys around.

I swear Louis Tomlinson is going to be the death of me.