I'll always come back (Anidala)

It was a cold evening and one of grief, Padmé was laying on her bed in a heap of tears. Her eyes were puffy and swollen, she just had heard the news, a Jedi Cruiser near Onderon had crashed and Anakin was on it. Padmé had contacted Ahsoka and Master Yoda but with no luck.

Padmé's pov

I just wished I could've seen his face and touched it one last time before he perished.

"Mistress Padmé! Mistress Padmé! Oh, you must come and see who's at the door!" 

Ugh it's threepio! I don't want to see anyone and I told him that, well it must be important if he's calling with such enthusiasm but he always has that sort of energy. I decided to answer the door but first I took the blanket in my hands and wiped my eyes.

I went to the door and saw a face whom I thought perished with my beloved husband.

"Rex." I said plainly, I supposed he came to announce that Anakin had died but decided to hear what he had to say, "What is it?"

"It's the General, Senator. He and Commander Tano told me to summon you to the clinic. General Skywalker also told me to ask you for some lemon, honey and, some sort of fruit I guess, tea." Rex answered plainly but I stood in shock, Anakin, my Ani! He survived and of course the first thing he wants of me is my tea.

I smiled softly, "I'll get the tea and then we can head to the clinic.", I hurried of and fetched the tea in a flask and we hurried of, I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to see him, and Ahsoka of course. It's been so long since I've heard from her.

Anakin's pov

 I can't wait to see her, ugh I wish I could just run and go to her apartment to tell her I'm alive but Ahsoka won't even let me stand up, let alone run to Padmé's apartment.(Ahsoka knows they're married)I've told Rex to fetch her and am talking with Ahsoka about how she was being so protective of a certain Bonteri.

"It's nothing, he's my friend and is horrible at fighting." Ahsoka answered while blushing.

"Oh really. I'm pretty sure I saw him take down a tank, a few droids and a couple of destroyer, not to mention he saved your skin once. All I'm saying is that having a secret relationship is stressful enough but having a long distance secret relationship is risky, irresponsible, stressful and dangerous." I answered, I'm worried she might take me and Padmé as an example and try it out for herself and to be honest, I and no clue what I was getting into when I married Padmé secretly.

"But I learned all those skills from you and please don't worry I won't have a secret relationship, if I try to have a relationship I'll make it public." My proud padawan answered with a smirk which I had to answer with a smirk back.

"Anakin!!!" A sweet, loving, familiar, femine voice said.

"Padmé!" I exclaimed with all my strength.

Padmé's pov

I reached the clinic with Rex and saw, him. My poor Jedi was wrapped in bandages, on his head, his chest, arm, leg. Basically nearly everywhere. I ran over to him and called his name, he turned his head for a second to look a me and called out my name.

As I neared Anakin, Ahsoka jumped of the bed he was and said she was gonna make a transmission to someone. He gave her a look but let it slide, I'd dint understand anything that was happening.

I slowly aproached my husband and gave him a hug, it was a little awkward because I couldn't hug him properly. I placed my head on his chest and started crying, he was stroking my hair. I wanted to kiss him but I couldn't, not with Rex watching us, or so I thought. 

Anakin lifted my head up and wiped my tears the best he could with his thumbs, struggling a bit. I looked into his blue eyes and saw his happiness and, to my surprise, amazement.

Anakin's pov

Right when Padmé came near me Ahsoka jumped of saying she had to make a transmission, I gave her a look that said, it better not be Bonteri, I'm letting it slide this time but oh, if I get a hint of a crush she's getting a lecture. Oh No! Am I turning into Obi-Wan?! I better not be.

Right after Ahsoka left Padmé put her head on my chest and started sobbing. I've had several breakdowns before, about my mother, about Padmé, about Ahsoka and about a lot more people, but never once had Padmé had a breakdown as far as I knew. Maybe I just was never around enough. I didn't know what to do so I stroked her hair for a while and then picked up her head. I wiped her tears even though it hurt, a lot more than I'd accept. I knew Rex was there but he knew, just like Ahsoka. I saw my wife's face and noticed that's even when her eyes were puffy, red and tear stained she looked as beautiful as an angel. She was my angel.

I slowly leaned in and kissed her with every ounce of strength and passion in me. She kissed back with nearly twice as much passion, I couldn't even remember the last time we kissed like this was, probably when we got married.

Padmé's pov

When he kissed me, I remembered the first time we kissed and then our wedding. The kiss at the wedding was magical but this took the magic to a whole new level, this kiss proves that he's mine and that he's not gone or going away any time soon. But soon after, we broke the kiss.

"Ani!" I said and Pat his face a little harder than I meant.

"Oww What?!" He yelled in pain and I immediately felt sorry.

"Rex is right here and-" I got cut off by another kiss, not as passionate as the last but still powerful.

"Now, any more questions?" He asked with a smirk," also, Rex knows so chill."

"No questions and ok. Oh Ani! I thought I lost you." I exclaimed and hugged him once more.

"Don't worry, no matter what happens. Even if I'm close to death, I'll always come back."

"You better or else Obi-Wan and  Ahsoka will be scared to death of me" I said with a smirk and them remembered, "Didn't you want some tea?"

"Oh, yeah... I forgot." He said sheepishly.

"Here ya go." I said and handed him the flask.

Nobody's pov

After 6 weeks of being in the hospital Anakin finally got discharged and left. He still needed care cause he had received a concussion and several fractures. He couldn't stay in the Jedi temple because it was very crowded so, someone had to take him in or he had to stay in the hospital for a few more months. This wasn't going to work for Anakin because after just 1 week in the hospital he got sick of it so, Padmé agreed to take him to her apartment which for both of him meant he was going home.

Hey guys it's me @Ushasumanth, so yes! I decided to stop reading and finally pluck the courage to write. How's my first ever one-shot? Also, I forgot to mention this before but any suggestions for one-shots are welcomed completely.

- S (call me that it's better)