Is This Love? (Kanera)

Nobody's pov

A young man, about 20 years old. A young woman, about 17 years old. Separated by a invisible barrier of lies and deception. These young people didn't know of what layed ahead for them.

Kanan's pov

Clean. Sweep. Serve. Drink. Flirt. Repeat.

My life's mantra. Well, now it is. It's been 1 year and I still can't understand something.

Why doesn't she trust me?! I'm a responsible guy, sure I'm reckless but I can get jobs done and not break a sweat. Is it really that hard to earn the trust of one twi'lek? Oh no, here she comes.

"Hey Jarrus." She said in that husky voice of her's that was stern but drove me crazy.

"Hey" I reply cause I feel my legs going weak, oh why do I feel like this whenever she's around? I've flirted and had fun but never really clicked. She's, oh what can I say? Different.

"Forgot my name? Or is it just normal after working in a bar for 2 years to not say names to seem, umm flirtatious?" She asked nearly rhetorically.

"I guess, miss Syndulla." I said and smirked which earned a groan of frustration out of her mouth, oh how I want to know how those lips would feel on mine.

"Did you forget my drink?! I'm not paying for a silly chat."

"No drinks until I get the info."

"No info or credits till I get my drink." She bargained and I gave up, fighting with this girl was impossible.

"Fine, here." I said and handed over her drink, "Will you ever tell me your first name? No one seems to know it."

"Maybe, Jarrus, maybe." Miss Syndulla replied and picked up her drink. I watched her gulp it down and slam down 2 credits for it, "Here, meet me outside at 8 pm and I'll have the info."

"Got it miss." I replied enthusiastically, I'd known her for a year and might've tried to hook up once but she's really persistent. This might be my first actual mission.

Hera's pov

Force! That boy is way to annoying, I don't know why Bail keeps asking me to recruit him. He's reckless and worth nothing, he won't be able to do a simple job without messing up! Well, I'm meeting him in a hour so I better get ready. I wear my usual attire, take of my goggles and wear a face cover so no one will identify me.

I go thinking about the mission, actually I have no clue what it is. All I know is that Chopper has a recording of it. I hope he gets a solo-suicide mission, something so hard he'll quit everything.

Oh, that's him! I better call him.

"Jarrus!" I yell, I spoke in my native accent so he'd understand that he needs to come here now.

"Hey Syn." He answered back and walked towards me. I pointed towards my ship's hanger and enter, he follows without question.

I enter into the meeting room where Chopper will give us the briefing message and beckon him in.

"Ya comin'?" I ask, once again returning to my husky voice.

"Yeah I am. Wow! It's been forever since I've been in a starship." He exclaims, I can see him inspecting every part of the ship as if it's his life line.

"Really, do you know much about them?" I ask, this time it was my time to smirk, knowing the answer.

"Yeah, when I was around 13 and 15 before my mom died, she taught me everything about ships. So did my brothers." He answered and I decided to see how good his knowledge actually was.