Dumb Luck (HanLeia)

Ok, lemme give you some background. Han and Leia got married immediately after ROTJ. Now it's been a year since Ben turned and Han left. Now Leia is running a Resistance with absolutely no one to hold on to.

 Leia's pov

"We've got a problem madam." I looked into the holo screen to see the new 'First Order' taking down all our ships through sheer luck.

Ben had to get Han's luck... all his dumb luck.

"Speak to me captain."

"Half our ships have been wiped out, even if we get the bombers to blow up a couple cruisers it does us no good.  These things are taking us down too easily."

"Then fight Captain! What's stopping you from fighting? Fear? You never feared Darth Vader but now you fear Ren?!"

"Well..."

I know someone must have heard me because a ship with someone with luck just as the 2 Solos started releasing bombs on a cruiser.

"Who was that?" I hear someone yell but then I see the ship and the droid on it.

"Dameron that was a risky game you just played." I tell through my commlink, a smile on my face.

"Sorry princess, had to. What other play did we have?"

I hear BB-8 in the back saying that they're gonna die in binary and I laugh. It reminded me of 3PO whenever Han got him into trouble or did something that he didn't think was possible.

"Princess Organa..." I hear 3PO's voice and turn around.

"What?" I groan.

"We seem to have an unauthorised ship landing on our base."

"What?! Who?! How did they find us 3PO?"

I rush outside to see a familiar ship land. I'd done enough and more complaining about it but it still remained the same.

The hangar opened up to let out a wookie and a man I went up and slapped twice for good measure.

"How dare you! You leave me here stranded huh?!" I let my anger out, "You told me you'll leave on Hoth but do you?! No! Instead you grab me to that junk! You marry me and once our son turns into his grandfather what do you do?!!!! YOU LEAVE!!!"

Han sighs and look down into my eyes as I grab him around the waist into a tight hug.

"So, how are you?" His voice always remained the same as when I met him. The same depth, the same humour in his tone.

I let myself lay onto his chest as tears fall.

"It's been a year Han. A year since he turned."

I could feel his breathing quicken as he escaped the hug and dragged me into the ship.

"Han!" I yell while laughing as he pulls me.

"Come on, I grabbed one of your fighters. His ship stopped after he bombed a cruiser."

I look to see Poe sitting with a bandage over his right arm. Staring at the dejarik board.

"Dameron? Where's the droid?"

"In the cockpit, he seems to like this ship."

"Oh he won't after a while." I chuckle as I talk and look around, taking everything in.

It was only a year since he left, a year since I lost my home after Alderaan but to me it was an eternity.

"You've got some dumb luck kid." Han said, pulling Poe up.

"Oh look who's talking. The master of dumb luck himself."

"You sure that wasn't Kenobi? Or Luke?" He mutters as the three of us walk out.

3PO sees us and freezes.

"It's Master Solo! Master Solo I don't know if you remember me but it is I, C3PO." He stops when I give him a stare.

"Oh I remember you, now where's R2?" He asks and I frown.

"He's shut himself down."

"Denial over Luke?"

I nod and look over to the headquarters.

"You know... I never asked you why you came back." I said as I gave Chewie a hug.

"I realised I was being an ass as always and decided to actually run towards a problem instead of from it." He paused, looking down for a second, "Also because it meant that you'd be there even if we die but that's nothing new."

"No it is not."

I look at Poe standing awkwardly and look him up and down.

"Go on then, why're you still here?"

As he jogs away Han laughs.

"What?"

"You're as stubborn as ever." He comments, pulling me into a longing kiss.

We both knew our reasons are always stupid but that what we loved. We could predict each stupid thing and counter it.

Pulling away for air, I relaxed into him.

"I missed you and your dumb luck."

Sorry that it's short. I kinda thought for a second and as I started writing I got the idea. Hope it's ok.

"People like Han are always in need of companionship."- S

Bye 👋🏽