Adoption Part 3 (Rebels Fam)

You know the damn drill, recap time.

Ezra was shaken awake by his caretakers and packed up all his stuff to move into the Jarrus' place. Kanan picked him up at ten, Hera woke up at half-past-eight without Kanan next to her and awaiting her surprise. She opened the door expecting her husband but saw a skinny, blue haired, shy boy instead. This is where we stopped.

Ezra's pov (yes I'm aware the POVs are getting mixed up.)

I see a tall, olive skinned, green haired woman in a black bra and a short skirt. Yeah, not the best first impression I guess.

"Hello?" I say shyly and she smiles.

"Hi, name?" She asks me sternly and I remember what Ka- I mean dad said, 'she's an ex-military General.'

"Ezra Bridger-Jarrus."I answer and then ask her the same question in a high amount of authority and her mouth is half open.

"Hera Jarrus, anyways, Kanan care to explain?" She asks dad behind me and looks over my shoulder. I can just feel his smirking look.

"Care to let us in?" He counters and she pulls me onto the couch, I stare at all the decorations. One wall is completely covered in graffiti art, another has a giant tinted window, the third wall has a passage that leads to what I presume is the kitchen and the last wall has a staircase leading down into, again what I presume, what must be the basement.

"Cool place." I comment and once seeing Hera's look I shut up. I still don't know how she's now related to me though.

"Thanks, Kanan, Sabine and I designed it. Sabine is my daughter, but what I'm wondering is why your name is Bridger-Jarrus." She says and stares at dad with a cold, hard glare.

Kanan's pov

"Remember how I said he's your surprise and we were talking about getting another kid?" I start but was strangely cut of by a muffled voice.

"Father! And this must be Ezra! I'll show you your room!" I see Sabine running down the stares with a paint mask on and Zeb following behind her.

"Hey Sabine and yeah, please take Ezra up to his room while I explain the sitch to your mother and Zeb." I tell her and she drags Ezra by his hands up the stairs all the way to the attic. We cleaned and re-furnished it to add an extra room, we never used it anyway so this was just us utilising our space.

"Well, please explain love." Hera orders and I obey.

"You said we could get another kid and this time I wanted to check out some options. I found Ezra, he suffered a lot like me so I went back and talked to the orphanage for how long we could wait. A month was all we had and you didn't have any time this month so I decided to get him into our family myself. Hence, I told the only person with time in his household, Sabine, and she helped me get ready for him and re-furnish the attic." I explain and she looks at me dumbfounded.

"Well, I like it. Another brother." Zeb comments and Hera gives him a 'zip it Garazeb!' look.

"Well... I guess he's ok, as long as you get his school, housing arrangement and anything else majorly required looked into." She says and walks to the kitchen, supposedly to make lunch.

"Already done babe and Zeb, go meet him." I say and he walks up to the attic.

Sabine's pov

I pull Ezra up the stairs all the way to the attic. This guy is what? 25 kgs? And the bag adds another 5 kgs probably. Basically, he's light and a stick if I've ever seen one and that's saying something cause I'm a stick too.