Bar Conversation (Kanera)

Ok, so as I've said before this is a continuation of Soulmates. Hope you enjoy.

Kanan's pov

Meeting her today... Why am I so kriffing nervous?! It's just a rude twi'lek, related to the legendary Cham Syndulla and code named Greek. Greek? That's pretty weird actually, I get where they're coming from but they couldn't have kept anything better? Mine is knight, most people think it's night so it's foolproof. Kinda...

"Caleb!!! Go to the damn bar already." Ma shouts and I chuckle.

I grab my pistol, move the rock and head to Kothal.

I head into the same bar and chuckle. She's here but she's in a purple tank top, black leggings and a pair of black converse. I sit at the table and she stares at me.

"Take something to drink." She says and I nods.

"2 glasses of Toniray, Aretta!" I shout to the togruta-human bartender and she nods while smiling.

"Isn't Aretta a Onderanion name?" Hera asks me and I nod.

"Yeah, her ma's a togruta but she grew up on Onderon." I quickly explain and a twi'lek I've never seen before gives us our drinks, "New?" I ask her, she nods and quickly walks away.

"So, you know everyone here?" Hera asks and I look down.

"Yeah, well almost everyone. I work here on the weekends, most pay and no missions unless it's an emergency."

"So, what type of missions?"

"Rescue missions, defending ground cargo transports, recovery missions, prison breaks and well, you get the idea."

"Cool, I'm a pilot, so what do you do with the money?"

"Rations, tools and parts for my pistol and my ma's transmitter."

"Ever been to Ryloth?" This one takes me by surprise.

"No, I've always wanted to but even back in the Clone Wars when I was a soldier my ma's battalion was never sent there. I tended to stick to her." I look down and she smiles.

"Your turn, ask me as many questions as you want. I can't guarantee that I'll answer them all but never hurts to ask." She said and I take a long gulp of my Toniray.

"Ok, why'd ya join the cause?" I ask and she looks at me with stern eyes.

She gulps her Toniray and finishes it, "When I was young the empire took over my planet, they took our liberty and our weapons. My mother and my father's friend didn't believe this to be right, he and a few more twi'leks bought more weapons of the black market by a clone team, clone force 99 I believe. I was caught and then my father was framed for killing Orn Free Taa the senator, those clones busted them out and got us off Ryloth. Once I turned 20 I realised that hiding wouldn't do us any good. I got contacted by a 'fulcrum', they said that I could do more good to their cause and I joined despite my father's protests. Once I left, my mother was caught in a wildfire and died. I decided to stay on Lothal, leaving contact from the only person who is my blood."

"Oh, my ma was helped by those very clones on Kaller. The clones turned, the 5 helped us hijack a ship and go undercover. Soon, we were off and found out about the knights whom survived." I say, for some reason the force urged me to trust her.

"Look at this." She said and showed me her wrist mark, "What does this mean?"

"Not here." I say and get up. I pull out 2 unmarked credits and drop them on the table.

We walk to the grasslands and out of Kothal. Soon we come near an old abandoned communication tower.

"It's safe here, I'll explain. My name is currently Kanan Jarrus but before I was known as Caleb Dume. If the imps got a whiff of that name I'd be a dead man."