Chapter 12 - Scarlet

I stared at the beautiful view outside. I felt my head start to pound from how much I wondered and cried.. I just couldn't anymore. There's so much more I could say.. but instead I stay silent like this..

As I kept on staring into space.. I slowly drifted off into the darkness.

I laid there alone.. until I felt soft arms snake around my waist pulling me closer to someone. Their soft fingers wiped my tears. I should've been scared, womdering who this could've been.. but instead I found a comfort. "You don't deserve any of this.." An angelic and feminine voice softly spoke, causing shivers down my spine.

My tears blurred my vision making it hard to see who she was. She sighed, "Why don't you leave..?" The woman questioned, making my heart beat fast. "I can't leave my child without a father.. I just can't have her question that.. I can't have her blame me for him leaving." I murmured, letting tears flow down. "I can tell that it's something else." She said as I gulped. "So what is it?" She asked, curiously.

I hesitated, "My love for him is something I can't just leave behind.. even if I want to, a part of me still wants him." I truthfully answered, feeling her freeze into time. "Why do you still want him if he hurt you?" She questioned, her voice laced with frustration yet dejection.

"He's my husband.. my love." I quietly answered. "I can't seem to let him go, no matter how much I want to.. its like i'm stuck with him." I added as I could feel her breath fastly. "He'll only hurt you." The woman said as her grip on me slightly got tighter.

I shook my head, shutting my eyes. "Lèon and I can make things work out again.. he loves me and Jodie.. i'm sure he wants things to work out and for all of us to be a happy family again." I said, confidently. "No matter how much you want to make things work, what he did will forever stick with you." She began, "He would've thought about you and your daughter before doing the sinful deed with another woman."

Her hands connected with mine, "Lèon was never like this, he committed a mistake and i'm sure he wouldn't do it again.. he's my husband." I said as she sighed. "If you let this pass then he'll think it's okay. He'll only repeat the same error behind your back.. This time being more careful."

I shook my head as my tears overflowed my eyes. "No.." I whispered. "But you don't seem to understand.." I mumbled, as she stayed silent. "I love him so dearly. Sometimes I can find myself doing stupid stuff over this man. Even if he slept with another woman, these feelings I have for him will never go away so easily." I told her. "He's loving, honest and so much more. He means so much.. but it's like he doesn't feel a thing at times." I sighed, as she puts strands of my hair behind my ear.

"If he was honest, he wouldn't have done it.. or he would have told you." The woman uttered. "He feels more for her than he does for you, sweetheart." She mumbled, her tone laced with anger.

I shook my head, as her words replayed over and over in my mind.

"Mom!" I felt small hands shake me awake. When I opened my eyes, I saw Jodie with a big smile formed on her face. "What is it?" I asked, smiling as I wiped my tears away. "Val says we're all going out!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Come on! Get up!" She said as I groaned at that.

I slightly laughed as she pouts, "Alright, alright.. Give me a second then." I told her and with that she left the room and closed the door behind her.

What does Valeria have in mind now..? it better be something interesting, or atleast something to get him off my mind and those words of that woman out of my mind..