Chapter 24 - Ria

We sat at the dining table, I watched the girl slowly eat as she swung her legs back and forth. She resembled both of her parents as she grew and grew, it blew my mind away. I stared at her for longer, feeling that.. suspicion come back. I was certain that she wasn't only a hunter, she was more than that. More than anyone of us.. But I still couldn't place my finger on it. She hasn't grown into her true powers for any of us to tell.

"Do you live here?" She asked, stuffing her face with her meal. I laughed and nodded. "I live here with my family." I answered. "You must have a big family." She mumbled with a smile. "Where's your mommy..? Is she at home?" I questioned, coming closer to the girl. She simply nodded, finishing up her meal.

I thought about Scarlet for a moment. I envy him.. I envy the way he's able to feel her, wake up to her and be so close to her. He's lucky to have her if they're even still together. A man like Leon could never make her happy in the way that she truly deserves. She's an absolute angel. She's everything anyone would want.. caring, charismatic, sweet. Only a fool would hurt her in such a way.

However, I might become a fool as well.. I was debating whether I should take a sample of the girls blood. I know how much she means to Scarlet and to do that.. it would be unforgivable. Yet if I did.. i'd find out what she really is. There's so much more to her and only I seemed to be the one concerned about it. I can't just let this go! I have to do something.. what if she's a danger? or what if she's the opposite of it..

I stood up. "Why don't you come with me for a moment." I said, taking her small hand into mine. We walked across the silent hallways, the moon glistening onto us through the windows. I took her into my chambers. There no one would hear a single thing.. I could compel her and send her off as normal.

As we entered, I sat her down onto a chair. I bent down and looked into her innocent eyes. As I stared into them, I almost began to feel the guilt. "I'll take a snip of your blood.. you won't yell or react and after you will forget." I said. Jodie slowly nodded, not saying a word. She sat there silent, staring into the wall. I grabbed a dagger and a small cup. I walked over towards her and bent down once again.

I grabbed her small wrist. I snipped her skin with the dagger and watched her blood begin to drip into the cup. She had no reaction, she sat there so still.. staring off into space. She won't remember a thing after this.

The cup filled up halfway and with that I closed it and placed down. Her arm still bled.. I applied pressure before cutting my own wrist and making her drink it. I wouldn't want them to see a scar on her. I cleaned her wound up, seeing that it disappeared in a matter of seconds. I grabbed her small face gently, staring into her eyes again. "You wont remember anything.. This didn't happen."

I stood up, taking her hand into mine. We walked out of my chambers. As we walked, nothing was said. However, this guilt began to feed off of me.. How could've I done this to a little one? Especially Scarlets little one! I tried swallowing down my guilt as we made our way to Leon and Andre. They stood there, speaking about topics I couldn't care less about. They both looked at us with a smile.

"Jod, where have you been?" Leon asked, taking her into his arms. She didn't say much, instead she gave him a small smile. I tinkered with my fingers, sighing. "I took her to eat.. she was hungry." I told him with a smile. He smiled back however Andre stared into me with suspicion. He knew there was more to that.

Leon put her down, holding her hand. "Oh right! We've got news.. Andre was kind enough to talk to the other Elders." He started off. "If I convince Scarlet, we'll be able to rejoin." He stated with a huge smile.

I began to feel this pit of guilt in my stomach. I wasn't sure on why I still had this feeling.. I shouldn't be feeling like this! I did what I had to and if there's more to the girl.. They'll thank me sooner than later.

Suddenly, I was grabbed by Andre and taken into another room. He tightened his grip on my wrist.. His nails dug into my skin and his eyes flickered into the crimson color. "What'd you do." He quietly sternly said. I looked at him and shook my head. I took a deep breath. "I did nothing Andre. I went to feed her and that was it." I answered, freeing my wrist from his reach. "It's not very nice to do that." I smiled as I walked out.