Chapter 22 - Scarlet

"What?" She mumbled, looking at me with a confused gaze. We were both frozen in place so close together.. I could tell by her face that she was confused yet surprised. I rolled my eyes, looking away from her. "Don't go.. Not yet atleast." I said, slowly letting go of her wrist. "Please." I sighed, crossing my arms.

I glanced at her, only to see her smiling so widely. "Really?" She questioned, while slowly putting her leather jacket back down. I nodded in response, watching her slowly sit on the corner of the bed once again. I leaned against the wall, staring into her.

I couldn't believe that she was actually my mate! I thought that having a mate was just an old myth.. Well that's what i've been told by many atleast. I've read it in a few books i've came across a while back and i've even asked Lèon about it since I was so curious about it. He's told me that it was a myth and that I shouldn't worry about it since something that won't.. ever happen! And now that it has.. I'm not sure on how to react. Does that mean that i've absolutely wasted my time with Lèon..? It can't be! We have a child together, she's definitely not a waste.

"Are you just going to stare?" She quietly spoke, causing me to blink several times before letting out a sigh. "Sorry." I mumbled, looking away, feeling my face heat up with every passing second. "I just want to know you better. I want to try to comprehend this all.. It's new and i've been filled with lies.. i'm not sure on what to believe." I said, walking over to her. I looked down at her, looking into her eyes. I couldn't believe this, at all. She sighed. "Well, i'll introduce myself and then i'll explain everything doll." Elina said, softly grabbing onto my fingers. She continued staring at me, causing goosebumps to arise from my skin.

"You know my name already so i'll skip that. I'm from Spain, i've been traveling for.. many years now." She whispered. "I've been going to country to country looking for you.. And i've found you." Elina smiled. "However, i've been searching for something else too.." She added, quietly mumbling that part. She sighed, "But that doesn't matter anymore doll."

I nodded, watching her pale skin glisten under the bright sun as her eyes did too. She was absolutely beautiful, she took away my breath with every second. I could see her freckles sprinkled around her face from close up. Laid across perfectly as if they were stars. So many to count, yet so beautiful. She looked like a dream herself, I couldn't believe it.

"Do you have.. any family?" I suddenly asked.

She looked at me, tilting her head with a teasing smile. "I do." She said. "But.. I haven't seen then in so long." She admits. "I've been traveling so much.. yet it seems i've hadn't had to the time to go back." She explained, taking in a deep breath. Elina kept on staring into me. "Enough about me, what about you doll?" She asked, rubbing my palm with her cold fingers.

"There's not much about me." I mumbled. "I'm twenty-seven and my family is from Colombia. I've been there for work several times lately, and as i've thought about that.." I whispered. "I've been wanting to move back. Although, if I do, I don't think i'll come back." I said, shaking my head. There were so many memories made here already, but i'd like to make some in my home country.

She nodded. "I felt the same way when I went to Italy. It's absolutely beautiful there yet it was dangerous for me anyway." She laughed. "I miss it there dearly but I won't return anytime soon." She added, smiling as she closed her eyes. "Why?" I asked, tilting my head. Elina looked as if she were about to laugh. "I wouldn't wanna bore you with such a long story sweetie."

With that, we both stood silent for a moment. Staring off into different directions.

I slightly smiled, umsure of what to say. "Okay.." I mumbled. I looked back at her. "What about us beinf mates.." I said. "How.. how did you know?!" I questioned her. She sighed, crossing her legs. "It felt as if something.. was tugging at me. I couldn't control myself at first when I felt that to be honest." She began to explain. "I didn't want to believe it at first only because i've been looking for so long now.. however how could I ignore that.. that spark that went off inside me?"

Sighing, she gulped looking elsewhere. "I've been trying to find my mate for so long.. and you're here! I just can't believe it even now." Elina exclaimed so euphoric, a wide smile forming upon her face.

I smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up again. "I can't believe it either." I murmured. I was still skeptical about this whole thing. I've been told having a mate would be impossible.. that it wasn't real, but isn't this ironic?

Just as I was about to ask more questions, I heard the door slam widely open to reveal Jodie in her pijamas. I gasped, moving back. "You can't just barge in here Jodie!" I sighed. "That's not okay." I said. "I have a.." I looked over to Elina only to see that.. she wasn't there anymore. "Had.. a visitor." I mumbled quietly, surprised.

Was I talking to myself? Where the fuck is she?!

"I know and i'm sorry?" She whined, putting her arms up in the air. "I was hungry.. and there's no more cereal." Jodie added with her stuffed animal in her hand.

I slightly laughed at that, before observing the whole room once again. Where did she go..? Did she just disappear?

"I'll make you pancakes, alright? Just go get changed and brush your hair." I glanced at her watching her stroll away to get ready for the day.

I stood there silent, unable to speak. I could still smell her strawberry odor yet she was nowhere to be seen. What the hell.