Chapter 27 - Scarlet

a/n - hi everyone! I've been thinking of writing a new book. I've thought it out and it's different from what i've usually written (ofc it's gonna be gay though) But let me know if you guys would be interested in knowing what it's about! ;)

I stood there silent, unable to get words out my mouth. I felt like passing out at any given moment.. This wasn't what I expected since i've told him several times that I don't want that. I thought maybe he would've came back and complained about how it isn't fair that I won't drop the things that he did with that woman.

"I had to.." He whispered, reaching out for me. However I stepped back, as my fingers began to pick at my skin until it was red and agitated. I still couldn't process anything. "Scarlet.. They want us to go there by midnight." He said. "They need your approval so we could rejoin."

At that, my frustration and anger turned into distress. Those words.. I was perturbed by what he said. I couldn't go back.. I physically just couldn't. Especially with my girl.. Who knows what Ria could be planning right now..

Suddenly, Leon's blue eyes got darker. "I know you don't want to but you have to." He averred. "You can't deny the elders or disrespect them by not showing up." He reasoned, his voice getting louder.

Elina stood infront of me as I held onto the hem of her shirt. I couldn't deal with this at all.. he put me in a situation I didn't even want to be in from the start! He knows that but still went against me. As much as I respect the elders, I can't show my face to them again.. Once I left the community, I swore that I wouldn't go back ever! But this is what happens.. isn't that ironic.

"I think you should leave." Elina lowly said, her voice laced with slight infuriation. He chuckled, staring daggers into her. "Who are you to tell me to leave in my own home!" He shook his head, with a smile that irked Elina. Her body tensed up and her hands bawled into fists. I could feel the wrath start to radiate off of her. "I could have you on the ground.. Six feet below!" He made another statement, he just didn't know when to stop.

"I wouldn't do anything if I were you.. As strong as you may look and as well as being a hunter - you wouldn't be able to take me down even with all your force." She spoke. "I'll have you out before you could even open that mouth of yours, you bastard."

With that, his face flushed red, his body language screaming with such frustration. "You better be there Scarlett.. Or i'll get you myself." He threatened before leaving. We both heard the door slam loudly, sending vibrations throughout the house.

Elina slowly turned around as I looked at the floor. "Are you okay.. I'm sorry about that." She apologized. I slowly looked up at her, with teary eyes. "I can't go.. The elders, they want my approval and if I say no.." My head wandered off into the many possibilities that could happen.

The elders are the oldest creatures on earth, they were placed on earth thousands and thousands of years ago and they're seen as examples and guides because of the amount of experience they aquired over time. So facing them and wasting their time in such a way.. it would be seen as disrespect! If they don't end up being okay with my choice.. what would happen to me.. or Jodie?

I've been with Ria.. in many ways and she's an elder as well. She's very respected by many in the community and even the ones who aren't within the community respect her. However, that doesn't beat the fact that she is immature.. and can take jokes lightly so with that.. I hope that she's able to defend me and my little one.

Elina sighed. "I won't let anything happen.. I've found you and i'm ready to do anything in my power to help you." She strongly declared, interwining our hands. I loved the delicacy and softness of her hands and how she was ready to help me even though we've just met. "I've found you.. after such a long time i've found you." She said, "I can't let you go.. I won't." Elina added.

"But if you really don't want to go, you don't have to.. I know you're scared and that he placed you in this without even speaking to you.. So you don't have to go." She told me, "The elders will live if you decide not to.. they've been around for the longest periods of time so they'll live." Elina laughed as I quietly did as well. She comforted me, taking me into her arms.

"But Leon.. You know what he said." I mumbled, feeling nervous all over again. She closed her eyes. "He won't do anything, I won't let him!" She lowly growled. I blushed hearing her voice knotted with protectiveness. "What if he comes back..?" I asked, looking at her again. Her eyes flickered back to her original color. Her face softened. "Why.. Why don't you stay with me for a bit? Both of you." She suggested, caressing my back lightly.

I smiled, "We'd both love that." I quietly said.

After that, silence filled the air. Being in this silence was comforting as well as being close to her as she held me in her arms. I never wanted her to let me go.. I could stay like this with her forever, until our souls became one whole.

She's protective, intelligent and absolutely beautiful. She had features that pulled me in.. and in this moment, I felt my heart tug at hers. I began to feel more connected to her all in this day.. I would've never thought I would've had a mate.. they're so uncommon it seems to be a myth at this point. However, i'm glad fate had this in store for me.. for the both of us.