Chapter 16 - Scarlet

I traveled a bit far from home.. I had to take the crowded train and buses. I knew how dangerous that was especially for a woman alone.. at night! Thankfully nothing had happened.

"This is rigged." I whispered, shaking my head. I looked back at the man standing infront of me. "Why won't you help me Dilan?" I asked, intensely staring into him as he began to pace around slowly. "You want to know what's rigged.. You only call me when you need something now a days." He said, laughing. "You don't even bother to ask how I might be doing.." Dilan sighed. "It's been.. A few years since i've seen you, Scar.. I miss our daily phone calls and jokes." He mumbled.

I sighed, rolling my eyes a bit. "I know I haven't been the best lately.. And I do miss that too but i've gotten married and i'm a mother now.. There's barely any time for me to call you like old times." I explained. "But I really need your help.. You don't know how much I need it." I told him, mumbling the last part. He shook his head repeatedly, with his palm on his face. "I can't Scarlet, get someone else to help you. You don't even bother to ping me a text." He mumbled, looking elsewhere. I stood there like a fool, staring at him. I quickly grabbed my black coat, "Fuck this." I muttered before exiting his home.

I walked out, looking down at my phone. I realized it was two im the morning now.. it was still pretty dark out. I don't have anywhere else to go anymore. I had hopes of being helped but I can't.. I can't just go to Ria and all of the elders either. I could try to handle this on my own.. all by myself, it can't possibly get so bad. It's not as if i'm going to die.. we're going to die. They'll have to hear me.

I've faced them before and I guess i'll have to face Lèon as well. I can't keep going back and forth with them nor him.

He's just a man. I'm surrounded by my family and friends.. he can't cause Jodie and I any harm.. right?

I've thought about possibly going back to Colombia. I was bought up there as a child. Most of my relatives reside there still. Plus, I think Jodie and I would be safe there.. We'd be surrounded by family so that thought wouldn't be bad. Lèon has never been there once.. So it gives us the opportunity to just.. Leave him and he wouldn't be able to find us or do harm. If I decide to leave the states.. Jodie could start school over there! She'll be able to play around with her little cousins.. She'll also see her grandparents and other relatives. Oh my, she would absolutely love it there.

That idea wouldn't be bad at all!

I'll get to see mamá, and papá.

I miss them dearly. Even if they werent the best to me, they're still my parents and they were the ones who've raised me. Ever since I got married and had a child, it felt as if I never had the time to pick up the phone and call them even if it was for a bit. But now.. I feel somewhat free and i'll think of going to Colombia with my sweet girl even for a bit. She'll love it there, and she'll be able to learn spanish and my parents would be so happy to see their grandchild. They've only seen her once or twice before they left, and jodie.. I'm sure she doesn't remember them at all. God, i'm so excited.. my family and old school friends-

I kept on walking. I stumbled across a group of men, yet I ignored them since they were clearly intoxicated.

"Hey!" a male voice yelled at me from behind.
I turned around to see a man but I couldn't see him clearly since it was still pretty dark out. However, I saw a group of men behind him. They were intensely staring holes into me. I gulped as I kept on walking. I couldn't give them any attention.. who knows what they'll do. "C'mon darlin, don't ignore us." A man with a strangly familiar voice said. I shook my head, speed walking but I felt them behind me. I tried to ignore them as they followed me. I began to breath heavely, feeling my heart pound quickly through my chest. My palms were sweaty and I felt severly light headed. They laughed. "What is a pretty woman like you doing out here so.. dark?" One of them asked, I glanced back to see them speeding towards me. I didn't want to get involved with them.. not one bit!

Then, I felt one of them put their hands on me. He hugged me tightly from behind as I struggled to get out of his strong grip. The man was musclar, and strong. "Let me go!" I exclaimed, slightly shaking. I struggled to get out of his grip. I kicked and wiggled to get a looser grip, yet nothing! The man behind me breathed heavely, his mouth smelling like alcohol. "This is my wife.." He laughed, kissing my cheek.

It was him..

Léon!

I froze for a moment, I looked back at the group of men. Their eyes filled with hunger as they intensely kept on staring at me. They were clearly under the influence but I don't think they were that intoxicated.. They could've done something if they wanted. "She's gorgeous, isn't she?" Léon said, tightning his grip on me. He repeatedly kissed my deep with his rough, dry lips. I struggled to get out of his touch, but when I did I fixed myself and looked at him. "Talk to me when you're finally sober but right now isn't the time." I said, looking at all of them before speeding away from them, with fear filling me up. "We're not over Scar.." He yelled, from behind.

We're not over, Scar..