Chapter 20 - Elina

"Oh." The man mumbled, staring directly at me. He seemed to be tensed and scared of me. It was clear as daylight that he was angry as well. No one dared to speak another words, filling the air with silence and awkwardness. I assumed no one really knew what to say.. or we all had something to say but just couldn't, afraid of the outcome.

However, I couldn't help to feel angry myself. Just by staring at him standing there, his blue eyes gazing at Scarlet and staring at me strongly as if he were ready to do something he regretted. This all made me want to tear him apart and shred him into a thousand pieces until he's unrecognizable but I could just tell him that Scarlet and I are.. nevermind.

I looked back at Scarlet, watching her eyes stare at him standing there. I stared at her for longer, noticing this look she had. She seemed to be filled with.. guilt yet with other emotions all at once. It confused me terribly. I wish I knew what she thought every second in time.

She must've felt the connection between us right? I'm not sure if she does but there's something in me that hopes she does. I can't read her at all, even if I tried for hours. There's absolutely nothing for me to figure.. However, I could hear her heartbeat. It was so quick, I don't know if I could catch up. She's probably a nervous wreck. This must be overwhelming for her.

"Èlina." I spoke up watching his head slowly turn towards me. I stood up, fixing myself. He stared at me with such hatred, it was as if he wanted to pounce onto me and attack me right there. However, I assumed he knew that if he did he would've gotten himself killed. Shredded into pieces. I knew this little boy wouldn't want that at all, especially infront of sweet Scarlet. "My name is Èlina Rose. You must be the one and only Leon." I added, speaking quietly since their child slept a few rooms away from where we were.

His hands bawled into fists, he breathed heavily. "It's seven in the morning, Èlina Rose." He snarked, looking at the clock and then back at me. "For what reason would you be doing here.. in our bedroom so early?" Lèon asked, leaning against the door frame. Scarlet glanced at me and then back at him. "Darling, she's helping me organize! We're just plannig stuff for now.. since the holidays are near by ." Scarlet explained as she shook slightly.

She's nervous.

"Hm, we weren't doing anything you believe we were, Lèon." I told him, looking deep into his blue eyes. I knew he didn't buy that at all but I guess he'd rather believe that than believe that his sweet wife was.. doing naughty stuff with someone. However, we were infact doing nothing! So there's nothing to be worried about.

Yet.

We only spoke for a bit but since she was obviously.. in her thoughts. However, i've become intrigued with helping her clean around her home. I think it'd be fun, but i'm not sure if she wants me here for any longer now.

He slowly nodded. "Well.. Scarlet, "Lèon Started. "I know I was here earlier.. but I want to know if I could take Jodie to the park nearby. It just opened! I'll get her snacks and it'll be fun." He said, looking directly at Scarlet. "I'll bring her back by three, sharp." He added, with a small sigh. Scarlet looked away from him, thinking for a second before looking back at him. "Um.. Okay. I mean, why not.." she answered, looking scattered. He smiled, taking in a deep breath. I observed closely, wondering how he could've hurt Scarlet in such a way.

"Great! I'll pick her up at twelve." He said, looking back at me. "Elina.. Wasn't it? It was good to meet you." He muttered, before shutting the door and exiting the home. After that, there were no words to be spoken.

It's obvious that he disliked me strongly.. That's for sure. It wasn't bad meeting him face to face, although my views on him still haven't changed. Meeting him made me dislike him even more if that's possible! I assumed that he could tell I was a Vampire.. since I had sensed that he was a Hunter. Weirdly, he didn't act out.. he didn't pounce or even call me out as it was. There could be something possibly going on with him.. But who knows what it could be.

"Now, about that organizing and helping around. When will I start?" I asked, slowly making my way towards her. I slightly grinned, watching her face laced with annoyance. She doesn't respond, she stared at me.. Obviously filled with more questions. "Will you respond sweet face or will you keep on staring?" I mumbled, watching her look elsewhere. The woman got flushed, her cheeks turning a rosy pink. She sighed. "You can start in here.." Scarlet responded, looking around the room.

I looked at her, "Awh.. I thought it'd be something.. Something else." I whispered, her brown eyes not leaving me. I observed the room, noticing the clothese and shoes scattered on the floor everywhere. It'd be nice to start here.

I think.

"Get up." I mumbled. "Aren't going to help me doll?"