Chapter 33: Mother

Derricks P.O.V.

My body froze up when Ty spoke out saying the number calling me says Mother. Fuck I know she's my mother and all but sometimes it feels like our connection is "artificial". I know Blake feels like that with father. I feel like whoever is the successor to whichever parent the other is treated differently. I got up and grabbed the phone and hesitated for a second before I answered the phone.

"Yes dear mother?" I told her as I walked out the room to the lounge with Blake following in tow. "My dear Derrick you sound unpleasant receiving a call from me." She spoke on the other side with a smug tone in it. I hated the way she treated me but I sucked it up. Sooner or later that rug under her will be pulled and she will fall. "No mother. I'm ecstatic receiving your call." I told her with my most fake attitude as if I was graced with her voice.

Blake put his hand on my shoulder knowing how mother treats me. "Wonderful. I know it's been some time since we last talked." Mother spoke this time sounding unfazed from our previous conversation. "Has it now, Mother." I asked knowing damn well that she rarely reaches out to me. "I will be returning home in the following week to do a quick visit for a couple of days before leaving for Prague." Mother told me and my body felt like it turned to stone.

I couldn't speak. Mom is coming home. It's been almost a year since her last return to the manor. "Anyways sorry for the short chat but I do have to be going to the Harajuku district to pick up some new textiles. Abigail knows the details of everything. She'll let you know more." With that she hung up with me still frozen and unable to speak.

Blake grabbed the phone from my hand and laid it on the table. He didn't say anything and grabbed my hand waiting for me to speak. "Moms coming home sometime next week." Is all I said and Blake gave me a slight nod. "I heard." Is all he said before we just stared at each other.

Blake's P.O.V.

We stood there in silence with him still not moving. Like we know she favors me more since I'll be working under her when we graduate this year. Vice versa with Derrick and our dad. I let out a sigh thinking about how we barely just finished getting Ty back and now this. Like fucking Guili is still out there and now moms coming home.

"Pardon me boys." Abigail broke us out of thoughts. We turned to her with a look of understanding. We know Abigail isn't too fond of how our parents treat us but doesn't say anything in case they retaliate against her. So she does whatever she can inside these walls while they are abroad. "Would you like to discuss your mothers plan now or over dinner?" Abigail asked not leaving the frame of the room's entrance.

"If you don't mind, can we get the gist of it?" Derrick asks, trying to deal with this new situation as quickly as possible. Abigail nodded and made her way to one of the armchairs in the room as we sat across from her. "Well as you already know your mother is coming next week. Today is Friday and she plans to arrive mid day Monday or Tuesday morning."

"Alright. Any news on Ash with Guili. I don't want the issue to overlap and create distress." I tried to figure out this mess before it happened. "Ash said he got back to the city last night but didn't find her exact location but a general area." She said with a serious look on her face.

"It's safe to assume we will find her area where she is hiding by late Saturday; early Sunday." Abi told us as she looked at us with serious eyes. "Fuck those dates are still really close with our mothers return." Derrick said, looking back towards his hands. "What should we do about Ty." Is all Derrick said still looking down.

"Right we have to keep an eye on him but mom doesn't know him and the situation we are in." I spoke out thinking about our love which is just in the other room. "We can't hide him or send him home. Plus our relationship most likely has to be kept under wraps." I spoke out just letting my mind run out my mouth.