Chapter 51: Midnight

Derrick's P.O.V.

I woke up still buck naked and wrapped up in my loving Ty's limbs. I peeled myself away and got out of bed not trying to wake them up. I grabbed my phone to see that it was already midnight. Well shit it seems we slept the rest of the day away after our little "catch up" with Ty. I couldn't help but smile ear to ear to finally be with Ty again but something is still bothering me.

I looked back at the bed to see Ty is now cuddling up to Blake with the blanket only covering parts of their body. I don't know why but I felt depressed looking at them. At Ty. At us...I shook my head and decided to go take a deep breath outside. As I walked down the empty quiet hallway my own thoughts became louder and louder.

"You couldn't even stop your mother." I turned around to see who the fuck was talking. There was no one behind me and I quickly turned back. "Do you think this is even fair for Tyler?" I spun around again trying to see who's talking shit. Damn, I need to go outside and breathe. I'm fucking hearing shit. Before I walked outside I saw the kitchen light on. I just shrugged it off though.

Once I was on the front patio I breathed in the cold brisk air and stared into the quiet city street watching the snow continue to fall. I just sat there looking at all the cars. One car in particular caught my attention though. It was the only car that had no snow on it. The windows were also tinted hella black. I tried to see if anyone was in it. "Yo man. Are you good?" I turned around to see Blake coming out of the house.

"Yeah I'm fine I just had to get some fresh air cause I couldn't sleep anymore. Weirdly though that car over there..." I stopped talking when I turned around to see that the car I was looking at was no longer here. "What are you pointing at?" Blake asked me looking over me towards the dead of sleep street.

I shook my head and turned around back to Blake. I then grabbed his hand. "Let's go back inside." I told him as I dragged him along with me back inside. The kitchen light was still on; so I decided let's go there. "Is everything good love?" Blake asked again but decided to keep quiet of my weird thoughts I had and the random ass car for now. I just gave his hand a tight squeeze to let him know I'm good.

Once we arrived at the kitchen; Val wasn't the one in there but instead the bodyguard that stayed here. She turned to us with a confused look. "Is everything okay?" She asked us as she started drinking her water bottle. "Yes but can I ask you one question?" I wanted to ask her about her job and other people she works with. "Depends on the question I might be able to answer." She responded as she leaned onto the counter giving me a rather serious look.

"Are you the only one watching this house or do you work with someone else that keeps an eye on the outside." I asked her while not letting go of Blake's hand. She gave me a raised eyebrow and took one more swish of her water. "I'm the only one here and it would be too much attention if we had another person posted outside. Plus we have a safe house nearby with others. So there's no need for another person." She said as she got off the counter and made her way towards me.

"Why the sudden concern for how things are run here?" The woman now asked as she stood right in front of me. I gave straight eye contact, afraid she'll be able to look right through me. "Nothing that can pose a threat?" I told her flat. I probably shouldn't have lied but then again we can't stir up issues on our first day here. She turned to Blake then back at me. "If you notice anything let me know then. I advise you to be vigilant in reporting." She said that last part rather harsh and looked directly at me.

We just watch her disappear into the darkness of the house. After a while Blake turned towards me. "What the hell did you do?" Blake asked me in a whisper. "Nothing, just something bugging me...We should probably be ready to leave tomorrow." I told Blake but Blake gave me a confused look. "No." I looked at him with a confused look.