Chapter 59: Last Day of the Year

Derrick's P.O.V.

Today was New Year's eve. I woke up next to Blake and saw him moving again. Honestly I feel he's going to wake up any moment. The doctors and nurses have been keeping me updated. Everything with his vitals are normal and all the blood he lost has been regained. I know coma is induced from head injury but I didn't know a traumatic event can too. Well the gun shot didn't help either.

After talking with some of the nurses, I didn't notice Dr.Ordelia behind me. "Shit!" I yelled out as I quickly turned around. Startled from her sudden appearance. She quickly hit the top of my head with her clipboard. "Shush, I'm not that scary." Is all she said as I heard some of the nurses laughing behind me. "Anyways Derrick. I came to see how you're doing and how you're going to spend the new years."

I thought for a second and questioned myself if I should tell them the truth. "Well to let you know. Our terrace has a clear view of the sky and you can see the fireworks." She told me as she was grabbing some papers from the counter. "Thank you I'll think about it. I'm actually gonna walk around the city for a bit later today.

Dr.Ordelia gave me a soft smile before leaving. I watched as she left down the hallway. Crazy to think she's been warming up to me but then again is it from pity? My only family is in this hospital. I shook off the idea. No need to think of stupid shit when tonight is when I'll bring our man back home. After telling myself that I had a bit more confidence in each step I took.

Ty's P.O.V.

Today's the day. Is all I said as I laid in bed looking at the ceiling. I let my mind wander; thinking everything over. Reminiscing all that went down this year. Being at the manor and playing video games. The stupid games we played around the bonfire in the back yard. Me crying in front of them from being scared of my feelings. I started to tear up from all the good times. All the turning points in our relationship. I can't believe it's ending as fast as it came.

Mom knocked on the door letting me know I can join her to watch the fireworks on the waterfront if I don't feel up to do the final goodbye. I didn't respond to her. I heard her let out a sigh before walking away. I grabbed my phone to finally turn back on my service. Not even a second later my phone began to blow up from notifications. Some from Juan and some from other friends. Derrick though is a majority of all the texts.

My heart sank seeing his name on my screen. I began to read over all the text and my heart ached, Yet I'm relieved to know Blake has been recovering well. I pondered for a good minute thinking if I should text back. I went against it. I sat up in bed and stared out the window. A clear sky. Snow layered the floor with black snow sludge on the road.

I took a heavy breath before throwing my legs over the edge. I rubbed my face hard. This is going to be so fucking ass. I threw myself back in the bed. After a couple of minutes I decided to call Juan. We talked for a good time helping me distract myself. I asked him if he wanted a souvenir from the city. All he said is that he wanted something from a game store in midtown. I told him I'll go look for him.

Well this should be something to help me distract myself some more. I jumped off the bed and began getting dressed. After getting dressed I looked around to see if I had everything. Before I walked out the room I saw the shirt I sprayed the cologne on yesterday. I went to go pick it up but I stopped myself from grabbing it. No, I can't pull myself back.

I shut the door behind me. I made my way downstairs to find my mom on the phone with somebody. She waved me over and gave me a small hug and a kiss on the head. <Take care mijo> All my mom mouthed to me before she started speaking on the phone again. I wonder who she was on the phone with. Ugh I don't care anymore. I made my way to the front door but I stopped when I heard the door being opened.