Chapter 47: Flags in the City

Tyler's P.O.V.

    I threw my phone to the side as I laid on my bed. Today marks the end of my first week at my new school. I was just texting Derrick but he hasn't responded back after telling him weird shit has been going on around here. One being that mom has been going out more and this woman has been the one watching over me. Plus the gays here act like they're the shit. Like calm down.

    I heard my phone go off and shot up off the bed. I look forward to every text I get from the twins. Sadly though it was just some stupid offer from my phone service. I wanted to call them so bad but thinking about Lilith scared me so much. Just thinking about her made my skin crawl and a wave of emotions washed over me.

    I let out a huge sigh and called out to the woman watching over us. When she arrived at my door I got up and put my shoes on. "I wanna go for a walk to clear my head." I told her as she just nodded and I walked past her. As we left the row home there was no sign of my mother anywhere. I wonder why she's been missing more. Is it because she is still dealing with my issues? Just that thought made me feel like a piece of shit that I need others to help me out this much.

    I shrugged it off as best as I could and continued walking. Recently though, I've been getting this weird feeling that someone is watching me every time I go out. Like this entire week while I was going to school; well actually driven; I felt eyes on me on every move I made . The feeling is even more intense when I get out of the car to get into the school. Vice versa when school is over and I have to go back to the car as well. I voiced my concerns to my mom the second time it happened.

    That's when mom started going out more and leaving me with this woman. I let my mind wander as I let out a huge sigh. I decided to put in my headphones and throw my hand in my pockets so I can drown out my thoughts. At this point I just went on auto pilot and let my feet take me wherever. After a good 30 minutes I ended up bumping into someone rather hard knocking me to the floor. "Shit!" I yelled out as my eyes closed from the pain when my body hit the floor.

    When I opened my eyes I saw that I was at the subway gate and people were just walking around me. Some gave me annoyed looks while others completely ignored me. I pulled myself up from the gross subway floors and dusted myself off. Fucking hate people from he city sometimes. They are so fucking rude. I told myself as I pulled my hoodie over and began going deeper into the underground.

    Once I passed the ticket turnstile I made my way towards the vending machines. I just stood in front of it wanting something sweet to make me feel better. As I was looking through the glass I caught the reflection of a man staring directly at me. I quickly spun around to see the man was now gone. I normally wouldn't be bothered by this since there are so many people in the city but recently this has become more frequent. I started to lose control of my breathing and I had to quickly get it under control. I looked around for a bench or a corner to hide in but saw nothing.

    Until I saw a train pull up and I decided to quickly go into it to sit down. I didn't give a fuck where this line was taking me, I just needed to catch my breath. I looked around to see if there was anyone here and there were just a handful of people. After a couple of minutes I finally got a grasp on myself. I stood up to look at the board and realized that this train was heading to the downtown central district. I guess I'll go to that cool coffee place then.

    I kept staring at the board mapping out the rest of my walk. I didn't realize the car was filling with people fast with every station we passed. At least I have two more stops before I need to get off. The beeping of the car began to go off signifying the closing of the doors. Next thing I knew a hand flew past my head and pushed against the wall. My heart stopped and my blood ran cold. I felt a horrible aura behind me. I felt like throwing up on the spot.

    "I had to make sure it was you again." The mysterious voice spoke behind me. I felt as if the world around me began to crack. "Seems a pretty far area to run off to." The voice got closer and right next to my ear. I felt my eyes tearing up. What should I do? I asked myself as I began to shake. "No need to be scared. I'm just confirming it's you." The voice spoke again. It was a man's voice that slid like silk. Why hasn't my stop come yet? Where is the woman that's supposed to be watching me? The train started to slow down as it rolled into the station. Tears now running down my cheek.

    "Take care Tyler." With that the aura behind me left. People were leaving the car as I stumbled out behind them. Tears are still rolling down my face. "Tyler!" I heard a woman yell out to me. I slowly turned to see it was the woman who was supposed to watch me come run after me. "Tyler why are you crying? What happened?" She asked me as she began to drag me away from the platform and away from all the nosy people.

    "Where were you?" Is all I could let out as my eyes looked downwards trying my best to hide my face. "I'm sorry I was in the next car over. I thought I was in the right one till I realized the cars weren't all connected." She was trying to explain herself but my mind drowned her out and started remembering what the voice said to me. Which in turn made me begin to break down right in front of her. "Fuck!" Is all she said as she pulled out her phone and began talking on the phone.

    I looked around to see the world is getting hazy as my eyes continue to fill with tears. All I could see next was a man approaching us as he lifted me up and helped me stand. Leading me to a car that was waiting for us outside the station. We began driving to who knows where. I reached for my phone, shaking in the process. I wanted to text the twins but I couldn't even text right. From frustration I threw the phone to the floor and curled up.

    As time went on I could tell the guy was taking us back home but with city traffic it's taking a bit longer for us. I just laid there thinking and the tears stopped. My eyes had a light glaze over them. How can I be independent and strong enough for anyone; if shit keeps happening to me. I want to be strong and be able to handle my own shit. Will this all end if I just agree to Lilith and cut everything with the twins. She's the one ruining my life to the point where I don't even know if I'm gonna even be alive the next day. I'm tired of living in fear. Even with that thought it so fucking hard to actually go through with that.

    I love the twins so much. They make me so happy. I felt pure bliss spending time with them. I know it's only been a couple of months since we've been together but I do hope they're with me for a very long time. My little thoughts abruptly ended when the door of the car opened up and the cold December air hit my face. I came out to see that my guess was right. We are back home.

    When I entered the house; mom came running from the living room and holding me tight.

"Mijo is everything alright? What happened?" Mom asked me as she began to tighten her hug. I couldn't help but begin to cry again in her hold. After a couple of minutes and I cried all the water out of my body at this point, mom led me to the kitchen so she could pour me some coffee. "Mi enano can you please tell me que paso?"

    After retelling everything that happened in the subway my mom had a murderous look in her eyes but calmed down before speaking up again. "I'm gonna ask you this once and you are free to tell me what you want." mom asked me in a rather soothing voice. I just nodded my head as I took another sip of coffee. "Do you want to switch to online learning and stay in the house or still continue to attend physical classes?" I was taken back by mom's request. Like she is actually letting me weigh in on my own life.

    Without hesitation I told her I want to stay inside and attend online school for a bit. Mom just nodded her head and came around the table to me. She gave me another kiss on top of my head and hugged me tight. "Go take a nice, long, warm shower mijo." Mom told me as she pulled herself away and looked into my eyes. I just nodded to her suggestion and excused myself from the table. As I made up the stairs I looked at the time and it was now a little past 5pm now.

    I went to my room first to grab my towel and some clothes to change into. As I looked towards the window, I could see some snow falling. We are now only 4 weeks away from New Years. Will I see the twins before then? I asked myself as I made my way to take my shower. I turned on the shower and waited for the water to heat up a bit. I watched as the room filled with some steam.

    Before hopping into the shower to wash this day away I started to play some music followed by a quick text to the twins. <I love y'all. I promise I'll be stronger for y'all two.> With that I locked my phone and jumped into the warm shower and began to scrub this awful feeling down the drain.