Chapter 43: Well Fuck

Blake's P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since our talk at the lookout. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling while Derrick slept beside me. Derrick felt like it would be safer to sleep in close proximity...well that's what Derrick said but honestly I feel like he doesn't wanna be alone. Today we'll meet up with Ash later to discuss our final decision on what we should do to handle our mother.

I heard my phone vibrate and I saw I got another text from Ty. It was just a cute morning text and him talking about how he misses us. I replied and sighed as I set the phone down. It sucks, this is the only way we can talk with him. We tried to face time or call but it was always denied. Ty is scared that our mom will hear or see him. Pisses me off that I can't even hear his sweet voice.

Derrick started to shuffle under the blankets followed by a heavy sigh. I can't tell if he's awake or not. Whatever he'll let me know. After our talk we messaged Ash that night to begin looking into our mother to see if there is anything we can use. Everyday we asked him if there were any good signs or a gold mine of info. Sadly all he could say was "wait till I'm done gathering intel." I'm not built for this type of shit.

I felt Derrick grab my arm from under the blanket. "How'd you sleep?" All I got from him was a groan. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Shitty...Slept in intervals so there's that." Derrick said in his morning tone. He sat up throwing the blanket off his body and made his way to the bathroom. I just looked at him as he walked away. Derrick has been changing.

He's been a lot more serious and reserved...literally how he was before he met Tyler. It sucks cause he was much happier and motivated while we had Tyler in our arms. I heard the shower turn on and decided to get up as well. Cleaned up a bit and grabbed some clothes so when he is done showering I can go in.

I was about to walk out the room but I stopped myself. Ever since the lookout; mom has been trying to be more "involved" in our life and trying to talk with us. Like I'm sorry but what the fuck are you doing. She's been moving weird and been more attentive. Like playing the role of a perfect mother. I heard the shower go off and not a moment later Derrick came out with his hair damp and a towel. "Shower's all yours." Derrick told me as he was drying his hair.

"Don't forget in an hour or two we should be getting a text from Ash. So be ready to bounce." I patted Derrick on his back before getting into the steamy bathroom almost busting my ass on the wet floor. How the fuck did he get all this water out of the shower. I huffed before showering and getting ready as well.

After my shower I came out to see Derrick dressed and laying on the bed. "Wow, I wasn't expecting you to be ready already." Derrick just shrugged as he continued to swipe through his phone. I don't know why I feel so hurt by his lack of energy. "Ash texted me while you were showering and he sent me the details." Derrick said as I got dressed. "And mom?" I asked while I was drying my hair a bit more. "She knocked on the door asking us if we would like to have a nice lunch on the terrace...I ignored her and she left."

"Why do you think she is trying so hard to talk with us?" I asked not really looking for an answer but throwing my thoughts out there. "Knowing that sneaky bitch; she's probably trying to see if one of us slips up to give up info." Derrick told me as he set his phone down and gave me straight on eye contact. We stood there just staring at each other as we pondered.

"Kinda like what she did when she first arrived back home." I spoke out as I put a sweater on. "That whole dinner was set up." Derrick sucked his teeth as we recalled mom's arrival. "I know mom had done some grimy shit before to competitors but to do that to her own sons." I said while I felt a pit in my stomach. "I knew she hated me since I was more favored by dad but to go this far is disgusting." Derrick was getting aggravated again.