Chapter 56: Dead Silent Hospital

Derrick's P.O.V.

Val left us in our room. It was quiet here. I looked at the Christmas decorations on the wall and I just scoffed at them. I turned to Blake to see him asleep patched up. There was a white board on the wall with his info and light detail of his injury. Seems the bullet went right through his side only. I'm relieved to see that none of his major organs were hit. What about mom and...My mind paused and the silence of the room wrapped around me. Nothing but the beeps of the monitor filled my ears.

I hurt Tyler but he shot my mother...Even though she was a complete bitch and shot at us. It was self defense. She's still our mother. Tyler means the world to me. If only I could have stopped them. Why did I go to the bathroom right then and there? I felt tears running down my cheeks. Why? Why? Why?

I kept asking myself. Drowning in these thoughts. Conflicted beyond anything I have dealt with before. I stumbled back to the wall suddenly feeling exhausted. I slid down the wall till I hit the cold floor. My breathing hitched as I felt lost. Where is my Tyler? How's mom? What do I do when I see either of them? I heard the nurse talking. I tried listening to their conversation.

"That woman who just came in..." The voice started to fade out. Were they talking about mom. I quickly got up and wiped my tears from my eyes. I quickly got out to see the hallway was dark with low light lit. I saw the two nurses turn the corner. I quickly walked down to catch up. "Yeah I wonder what's gonna happen. She is a well known d..." I overheard the nurses speak again until they entered a room. I quickly followed to see that they entered a lock room. Shit.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" I quickly turned when I heard someone speak up behind me. I saw a relatively young female nurse. She was a beautiful ebony girl with two different colored eyes. I looked to see her staring me down. "Sorry I overheard them speaking and I believe it's about my mother." When I finished speaking I saw her jump up a bit and wave off her hostility towards me. She knows something.

I furrowed my eyes towards her. "What do you know?" I asked the young nurse. "I can't speak and only the head doctor of this wing can give that answer." She said before walking away. I watched her quickly run down the hall before she too disappeared into a room. Head doctor. I wonder where he or she is. I started to walk the same way she went. Shit I forgot about Blake. I quickly went back to his room to see he was still asleep. I should call the nurse for some bedding for me.

I went and found another nurse working at the front station by the elevator. I asked her if she can get a hold of someone to bring me some stuff to sleep in. She didn't even look up before she just nodded. "I'll get someone right away. What room please." I told her room 314 and leaned back on the counter. "Anything else I can help you with?" She asked me and finally looked up.

I gave her a side glance and saw that she was now blushing. Her eyes were looking me up and down. Maybe I can charm my way into finding out some info. "I'm sorry to bother someone as gorgeous as you with such a petty request." I told her as I leaned back a bit more to help flex some of my muscles. She quickly looked at my biceps before biting her lower lip. "You have nothing to worry about. How can I help?" She asked me as she leaned in towards me. "Oh really now? Well, aren't you just exactly what I need." I dragged the end of my sentence a bit as I looked her up and down. I felt a shiver down my spine. I felt gross doing this. It's like I'm cheating on Ty...I quickly shook my head.

If I start thinking about him I'm gonna get depressed again. "Oh really now?" She's hanging onto every word I spoke. "It's about my dear mother. I came to see her and wanted to know about her." I told her this time. My voice lowered to sound like a dear and caring child worried about his mother. "Oh of course what's your mother's name?" She asked as she turned to her computer. "Lilith Sexton." It's like she thought for a second and looked around.