regrets (requested)

You let out a heavy sigh as you stared up at the ceiling. You closed your eyes and tried to ignore the discomfort you felt and the sadness that was in your heart over the fact that the bed you're lying in is not Momo's. It's not yours either.

It belongs to the girl you've been using as a distraction to try and forget how heartbroken you feel since you and Momo broke up just a few weeks ago. It feels like forever since you lost her.

You miss her.

The ache in your heart was so strong that you didn't know how to cope and after your friends persuaded you nonstop about going out, you met the girl that lays beside you now.

You're not serious, you're not even sure you truly like her.

But you're trying to move on like Momo has.

Although the girls constantly tell you she's not seeing anyone and misses you so much, you always see her so incredibly happy when she's doing interviews and things that involve the group and you worry she might be happier without you now.

But the longer you lay awake, the more heartbroken you become. The more you think about how cold and unfamiliar this bed you're in is. How it isn't Momo's, which is the one you slept in more than your own for months.

You knew you couldn't keep doing this. It was all just too soon and too much. This girl likes you a lot, that much is obvious. But you don't feel the same and you can't keep lying to yourself by saying that you can move on and find happiness again.

You pushed away the blanket and sat up. The girl beside you stirred, but she didn't wake up.

You grabbed one of her notebooks nearby and flipped to the back, where an empty page was bound to be. You grabbed a pen and quickly wrote an apology.

You told her how you hated doing it this way, but you couldn't be with her any longer. You wished her the very best in life, hoping that all of her dreams and wishes would come true. You knew she'd find someone great, someone better, someone who can truly love and commit to her. She deserved that.

You grabbed your shoes and your things before walking out the door.

You drove home. Or, back to your house.

Although it's yours and always has been, it doesn't feel like a home. You spent more time at Momo's than your own place for quite some time in your relationship and when you weren't there, she was here.

You were so serious that you talked about moving into her place or her moving into yours in time.

But then, life got in the way.

Things with the group picked up even more so than usual and you both agreed that ending things, for now, would be best.

But it was stupid and wrong. You live in regret each and every day. Your heart hurts.

You walked through your front door and went right up to your room. You put your phone on charge and laid right down to try to sleep.

But you laid awake, despite the fact that the sun was starting to rise.

You probably won't sleep tonight. But it wouldn't be the first night you've gone without sleep since you broke up.

You struggle to sleep, missing how she was only ever a phone call away to either come right over and hold you or sing you to sleep if she couldn't.

You couldn't get her out of your mind. You haven't since that day. But tonight feels different. It's like you can't suppress the urge that you feel to hear her voice and tell her how much you can't live without her.