her being a red-flag girlfriend (requested)

Author's Note: This is not at all what I think Momo is actually like. I believe she would be an incredible and very loving girlfriend. Please remember this is just an imagine and doesn't represent Momo as a person in real life. Thank you for understanding.

Also, please remember that these are real red-flag relationship signs. Excessive jealousy, possession, and lack of trust are very serious. Please know that if you experience this, you deserve better. You are beautiful. You deserve the world. Don't let anyone tell or treat you differently.

---------------------------------------------

"Thank you again for this incredible opportunity. I'm very grateful." You told your boss as you sipped on the drink in your hand.

"Of course. You deserve this promotion more than anyone. You have spent several years with us working so hard. You deserved to be noticed and rewarded for that." He replied before clinking his glass with yours and walking away to mingle with everyone here tonight.

Tonight, your workplace threw a little party for you as you just got a major promotion, and a well-deserved one at that.

"Hey, Y/N," One of your coworkers said as she approached you. "Congratulations again. We're all so happy for you, truly."

"Thank you." You smiled.

"This is a great party, isn't it?"

"It is. It's too much." You said as you took another sip from your drink.

"Oh, please. It is not. it's well-deserved. Everyone here adores you and sees how hard you work."

You sent her a friendly smile.

"Did you come here alone tonight?"

"Yeah. I had no idea any of this was even happening. I was just told to come and pick up a few important papers, no one mentioned a party. So I came alone." You explained.

"Oh, well, you're not alone anymore." She said before biting at the straw in her glass as she gazed At you flirtatiously. "If you want some company or someone to share this success with tonight, I'd be happy to be here for you."

"Oh," You said. "That's nice but-"

Before you could say another word, you felt a hand fall against your back.

You looked to see who it was and, to your surprise, you saw that it was Momo.

"Momo!" You grinned. "Hey, baby."

She wasn't smiling at you.

Or at anyone, for that matter.

She looked very upset as she glared at your coworker, who quickly got intimidated and walked away.

"I can't believe what I just saw." She told you.

"Oh, well, she gets like that when she has a couple of drinks." You explained with a chuckle.

"Well, maybe she shouldn't drink then. Flirting with someone else's girlfriend isn't okay." Momo said as she clenched her jaw and stared at you angrily.

"I agree. I'll talk to her about it, don't worry."

"I don't think you should. Don't talk to her again. From this moment on, I forbid you to have any sort of conversation with her."

You scoffed and set your drink down before folding your arms over your chest.

"You forbid me? Momo, I'm an adult. I'm not twelve and you're not my mother, you're my girlfriend. Don't tell me what I can and can not do."

"You seem pretty upset about that. Do you have a thing for her? Is that it?"

You looked around to see if anyone was overhearing this since she was raising her voice a little.

"No." You said. "I don't appreciate the accusation. I just also don't appreciate being told what I can and can't do. I'm a grown adult. I'm not your property."

You let out a sigh before folding your arms over your chest.

"You get so insecure and jealous and I don't understand why. I've always been loyal to you. You're my girlfriend and I love you. I wouldn't ever do anything to risk losing you. I wouldn't cheat on you."

"I just don't believe you. You lied to me by telling me you were coming to pick up papers but now you're at a party? And people are flirting with you and you're not doing anything to stop it!"

"Okay, first of all, I didn't know about this party. Do you know what a surprise party is, Momo? Keyword - surprise. I wasn't supposed to know about it. But it was because I got a huge promotion, by the way. You should be happy for me! Second of all, I'm going to talk to her about it tomorrow. But not tonight because she's drunk. I'm not flirting back. I wouldn't do that. Isn't that what's important!?"

She was practically fuming as she looked around to see people staring at you.

Not because they were interested in the conversation taking place but, in her eyes, because they were eyeing you and looking you up and down.

To her, everyone in this room was into you, even though that was far from the truth.

"I can't take your excessive jealousy!" You said frustratingly. "You think everyone is hitting on me, all the time. You haven't even said one word about my promotion. Because you don't care. You didn't come here because you wondered what was taking me so long to get home. You came here because you don't trust me and you think I'm with someone else, right?"

She clenched her jaw and stared at the floor.

"This is too much. The jealousy is insane and then trying to tell me that you forbid me from talking to a colleague? I can't deal with this." You said before shaking your head. "We're done."

"What do you mean we're done? We're not done." She said angrily.

"I said we are. Go, Momo. I don't want you here. I'm not coming home either. I'll find somewhere else to stay and have some friends get my stuff for me." You said. "Don't make me call security."

You grabbed your glass and went across the room to talk to some more of your friends and coworkers as Momo stormed out, wondering if you were right and if she did have some issues with her excessive jealousy.