she defends you when an interviewer talks badly about you (requested)

Momo was smiling from ear to ear as she listened to the girls talk about the most recent TWICE album.

It just came out last night and the girls have barely rested since then but they're all happy and energized.

They worked especially hard on this album and it's become a fan favorite, which brings them a lot of joy since it means a lot to them.

"There are a lot of sweet songs on the album. There are a couple love songs on there." The interviewer said, making the girls giggle. "But there's also one very sad song. It sounds like a breakup song."

She looked away from Jihyo, Sana, and Dahyun, who were in the front, so she could look at Momo.

"So, Momo, I have to ask... is it about you and
Y/N?"

The interviewer crossed her fingers, mumbling 'please say yes' to herself, making all of the girls frown and gaze at her in confusion.

"No." Momo quickly said.

"Why would you assume it's about her and Y/N?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, well... I was hoping."

"You're hoping for their relationship to end?" Tzuyu asked, almost wondering if she was hearing her right.

"Yes, honestly. I despise Y/N."

"Why? What did Y/N ever do to you?" Mina questioned.

"Okay, next question!"

"No, I don't think so." Momo said as she folded her arms over her chest. "I want to know why you despise my girlfriend."

"I just think she's holding you back. She's so... not pretty. You could find someone better and I think that's what you deserve."

"Well, think again." Momo said. "Because you're wrong. Very wrong. There's no one better for me than Y/N. I'm in love with her and she's extremely beautiful, by the way."

"You have to say that. You're her girlfriend."

"We don't. We're not dating Y/N. But we all agree with Momo. Y/N is gorgeous." Nayeon said.

"Don't you just think there's something off about her? I don't see how you can like her. She seems so... boring."

"The only person I think there's something off with is you." Dahyun said. "Y/N is fantastic. We adore her. She's not just Momo's girlfriend, she's also our best friend."

"Why do you care so much about her relationship anyway?" Jeongyeon asked. "It's not your business who Momo is with. We couldn't care less if you like her or not. But you could be respectful, at the very least."

"I can't. I just don't like her. She's just so... gross. She's also a non-celebrity. Perhaps she's using you."

"That is absurd!" Momo said. "You've crossed a lot of lines at this point."

"Am I not allowed to have an opinion?" The interviewer asked defensively.

"An opinion?" Sana scoffed. "About our songs? Yes. About our relationships and the ones we love and care about? Absolutely not. Never in a million years."

"Also, it's very weird that you're getting defensive when you're the one insulting my girlfriend! What's the problem? Can't handle getting called out on your nasty behavior?" Momo asked.

"Listen, I-"

"No, you listen!" Momo said. "I've had it with you sitting there insulting my girlfriend, as if you're better than her. News flash - you are not and you never will be! Y/N is beautiful inside and out. I can't say the same about you."

"You don't have to be Y/N's number one fan. That's fine. Not everyone is a fan of everyone. But to sit there and insult the girlfriend of an artist you're interviewing isn't just gross, it's unprofessional. I hope this is the last interview you'll ever do." Mina said.

"I just don't like her. I don't have to pretend. I can say whatever I want to say about her, it's my opinion."

Momo wanted to get up and slap the snotty smile off of the interviewer's face.

"Oh, really? Well then, would you like to hear my opinions about you?" She asked as she started to get up from her chair.

"Momo, don't." Nayeon whispered. "Don't get in her face, she's not worth it."

Momo sighed heavily before staring at the interviewer with her jaw clenched in anger.

"Fine. But just so you know, she's better than you'll ever be." Momo said.

The interviewer rolled her eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes, you might eventually find a brain in there." Sana said.

The girls all giggled, unable to hold back.

"I'm so over this." Momo said as she got up.

"Going to tell your annoying girlfriend about this?" The interviewer asked.

"You know what?" Momo scoffed. "If you have any other problems with my girlfriend and any other horrible things to say, here's an idea for you. Write it down on a piece of paper and then shove it up your ass."

The interviewer scoffed while the girls laughed and grinned while getting up to walk away too.

"Where do you all think you're going?"

"As far away from you as we can possibly get!" Jihyo said.

The girls hugged Momo backstage as Momo let out a heavy sigh.

"I just don't understand why some people are like that. Y/N is perfect. Why are some people so hateful?"

"Jealousy, mostly." Chaeyoung said.

"But, hey, don't let it get to you. You stood up for your girl and that's all that matters!" Nayeon said.

"Yeah, Y/N is going to appreciate that." Tzuyu smiled.

"Thank you all for standing up for her too."

"We'll always call people out on their bullshit when it's needed. There's nothing we wouldn't do for Y/N." Jeongyeon said.

Momo just smiled and hugged the girls tighter, making them all laugh happily.

Momo felt so lucky to have such amazing friends who will always defend you when it comes down to it.

Because they love and care about you and no one would ever get away with saying such stupid and unnecessary things with them around.