hold my hand (requested)

Momo bit her lip as you gripped onto the sheets of the hospital bed, clenching them in your fingers as tightly as you could.

She looked up at the clock and then shook her head with a sad sigh.

It's five am now, which means that it's been six long hours since this began, the moment you felt that very first pain in your stomach that told you today was the day your baby was going to enter the world.

You and Momo both felt a rush of different emotions.

At first, it was so exciting to think about. You've waited so long and you've been counting down the days, going through every terrible symptom this journey brings just to get to this very day.

It wouldn't be long until your little one arrived and it was so exciting to think about.

But that was six hours ago and as each hour went by, the pain only gets worse.

It's so hard to get comfortable. Finding a position that can even slightly relieve the pain seems impossible and it's breaking Momo's heart to see you this way.

You sat on the floor, sweaty and breathless.

Momo sat down right beside you, rubbing her hand along your back in comfort.

She wasn't sure what to do to help. Sure, she's asked her family and friends that have kids what she could do when this time came to help you through every minute of it, and she did some research herself.

But this was so much more than she expected. It seems like the pain is even more intense and even worse than they say.

She can see it in your eyes, feel it in the tight grip you have on her hand every time another hits, and she can hear it in the whimpers and groans that fall from your lips.

"Momo?" You whimpered.

"Yeah, baby?" She whispered, snapping out of her thoughts to focus back on you.

She kissed your sweaty shoulder before she pulled the hospital gown back up as the sleeve slipped down your arm for a second there.

"I'm scared."

Your confession made her heart ache even more intensely than before.

"I know." She whispered softly.

"I feel like it's still going to be hours. I don't know how I'm going to get through it."

She swallowed the lump in her throat and comforted you again.

"I know it's intense. I know you feel overwhelmed from your emotions and the reality of everything as it sinks in, right?"

You nodded and looked at her with sad eyes.

"I feel the same way. But look at this way - look at all you overcame to get here. The morning sickness, the fatigue, the hot flashes,"

You groaned as you remembered them all, causing Momo to chuckle a little.

"You got through it. I know this is different and it's more intense, but you'll be just fine. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it's going to be over before you know it, and our little one will finally be here, just like we've been impatiently waiting for."

"I can't wait."

"Me neither." She smiled and kissed your forehead softly. "I know it's scary and I know you're in more pain than ever before. I know it feels like it's never going to end but it will be over soon. You're the toughest woman that I know and I know you can do this."

You put your cheek against her shoulder, groaning as the pain returned.

"You can hold my hand." She whispered as she took your hand into hers, encouraging you to squeeze it as tight as you needed to. "I won't dare drop it. I won't let it go. I won't let you go. I'm right here, right by your side every step of the way."

You got through the pain once more and looked at Momo with a small smile.

"You always know what to say."

"Always." She smiled. "I've got you. You're going to be okay and in the end, when it's all over, we're going to look back at this and remember how worth it was. Because it's all to get them here."

"I couldn't get through it without you." You mumbled and she brushed her thumb along your knuckles with a smile.

"You won't have to. Not for a single second. I'm here. We're going to do every step of this together."

You nodded and put your head on her chest, preparing for the next one as she continued to keep you going through everything by encouraging you and letting you squeeze her hand as tight as you needed without even a complaint that it might hurt her.

Because she meant every word.

She's been right by your side through everything over the years you've been together, and there was no way that this was going to be any different.

Nothing was more important to her than you and the little human you'd finally meet soon and she'll be by your side every minute to help you through it.