rejecting her affection (requested)

"How's your food, darling?" Momo asked as she scooted closer to you in the booth.

"Fine." You replied as you poked at it with your fork.

You weren't too into the meal tonight as your mind was set on other things.

Momo could tell that something was off as you weren't acting like yourself tonight, which is especially weird since you were out on a date right now.

She had been sitting in the booth across from you before deciding to sit beside you as you were acting strangely and she wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're not acting right." She said as she put her hand on your thigh.

"Stop, Momo," You said as you pushed her hand away.

"But, baby girl-" She said as she tried to caress your arm and kiss your cheek, only for you to scoot away.

"Stop."

"What is going on with you tonight? We're out on a nice date and you're acting weird. Now you won't even let me innocently touch you? You're rejecting my affection. What's wrong?"

You stared at your plate, not really wanting to tell her at first.

"Babe? What is it?" She asked as she put her hand on your back.

"People have been saying things lately and it always gets so much worse when we're spotted in public together."

Momo frowned in response.

"When they see you being affectionate to me, touching and kissing me, they say really hurtful things to me."

"Baby, they're just jealous." She said as she brushed her fingers across your back. "You're telling me you'd rather me never show you affection so people don't say anything about us online?"

"That's not what I mean." You said as you finally looked her in the eyes. "I just hate that we're both getting hate because of us being together. It's unfair."

"I know it is, baby, but it's just out of hatred or jealousy. You can't let those people dictate what we do. We have every right to be loving and affectionate towards each other in public and in private, just like any other couple does."

"Yeah, you're right." You said before sighing. "It just hurts sometimes."

"You have to ignore those people, my love. They don't matter. We've got each other and we're in love and we have every right to show that to each other and the world. Right?"

"Yeah." You agreed.

"So let those people go. They mean nothing. I love you and I want to show you that by holding your hand and kissing your cheek. I want the whole world to see how much I love you."

"I love you too, baby." You smiled.

Cupping your cheek in her hand, she leaned in and gave you a sweet kiss before pulling away and having you lay your head on her shoulder.

"Nothing else matters but us." She said as she wrapped you in her arms. "Eat your food and let me hold you while you do."

"Okay. I'd like that." You said as you breathed out a sigh of relief over feeling her warm and comforting arms around you.

You let go of your worries, deciding that those hateful people didn't matter whatsoever.

Momo was right; all that mattered was the two of you, your loving and happy relationship.

You shouldn't have to reject her affection and hide from the world.

And from this point forward, you never would.