*The truth*

Aries Kallison

"I miss you," Kacee told me smiling through the phone.

"Boy you don't miss me," I laughed and he mugged the phone before busting into a cheesy smile.

"You know I ran into you ugly ass sister right?" He said with a attitude.

I rolled my eyes, I never wanna speak on Xyla. Quite frankly, my cut off game so sharp that whole family ideal goes out the window when she like this happens. She has no ounce of loyalty in her soul, and truthfully I barely consider her a sister.

"Well what happened?" I asked him.

"I let her stay in hotel cause Ian want nothin to happen to her, you'd never forgive me if I saw her and just let something happen to her." He admitted.

"Well I mean that's fine just don't fall for her tricks. She a lil nasty thing for real," I told him.

I knew now that we had beef she was gonna work extra hard to ruin what I had going on. She does it every time but I feel as though I could trust Kacee. He stared at me smiling briefly before his phone rang,

"Pops calling. Imma call you right back. Love you," He said.

"Alright talk to you later," I said.

"You not gone say it back?" He mugged.

"Kacee do you even know what love is?" I asked him.

He ducked his teeth and shook his head and hung up. He said stuff without feeling and sometimes I'd believe him, but something about him was off. The more I learned about him the more questionable he became, his anger he tried to control but after seeing Sire's mom post his story and condition on TikTok I knew he was worst than I thought.

He had a type of anger that seemed almost demonic, I've never seen someone have all humanity leave their body. Maybe that's what his mom was talking about. And seeing as his father was nothing more than enabler it would only become worst.

Toni came in smiling from ear to ear with shopping bags and a package in her arms, "He took me shopping and online shopping and ugh!! I really think Khalil is the one!"

I gave a dull smile and tried to act happy but she could tell it wasn't genuine, "So how's things with Kacee girl. Let me know what's tea bout y'all."

I sighed and stared at her, "Girl he's a mess. That's all imma say."

Her face wrinkled and she sat with me but I wasn't going to speak on how I felt. His whole family was warped in the head and one thing of advice my mama said that always speaks volumes is "Birds of a feather flock together". So if his dad and mom are sick chances are he is too.

I got up and walked to the kitchen and saw Jacyn doing some girl's hair in the living room. She was laying a frontal,

"Oooh girl I see you!" Toni laughed snapping her fingers in praise.

"Okay frontal!"

Jacyn blushed and laughed doing a little dance, "Don't gas me up. Don't gas me up."

We all laughed and I made me a glass of juice, "Aries when you gone get a frontal wig?"

"When they make em for dark skin girls."

"Aries your wonderful for real, but you letting yo color be yo downfall. Your skin is beautiful and lace is lace it's gone match if I make it match," She told me. "You are so wrapped up in your skin and uncomfortable and it shows. I can tell. I don't know what you been through as far as colorist but we gone get you a wig today for sure the longest thickest hair we can find."

I nodded and smiled and got a dm from who I think was Amena. It was a short dm but weird it read "He doin you how he did me" I rolled my eyes but thought briefly why would she even text that to me. I texted her back telling her to FaceTime and she gave me her number. I walked to the guess room and locked the door hoping Toni wouldn't be suspicious of what I was doing. I knew she was gone question all of it so I'd save it for later and tell her what's goin on then.

I called and it rang twice before her face popped up, "Okay lemme start off by saying I know we got off bumpy but I was just hurt by how fast he moved on and I wrongfully antagonized you for it."

"Mature of you to apologize, but I don't trust yo ass at all. Let's make it clear, why did you even tell me that?"

"Okay look, Kacee is playing you. He barely understands himself seriously. His mom probably warned you but as his ex, looking back on the treatment he gave me. He'll be sweet for a couple of months but suddenly I promise it'll go sour. He has no real idea of what loyalty and respect is in a relationship-"

"Amena I'm not like you. He had no respect for you-"

"And you think he has it for you? Only women he genuinely cares about is his mom and sister. He puts on this act.. I promise he's just like the rest of the men in his family."

I sighed and thought about what she said but I just know he wouldn't hurt me like he hurt her right? I mean he saw her as a experience or a phase.

"You were just a phase-"

"Girl listen to yo self. We was dating for 2 years? I was not a phase I was his girlfriend he dropped in 2 hours for a bitch like you. I thought you could have some intelligence and even have a brain to think. Why would I tell a bitch who fuckin my first love to be careful-"

"Cause you want him back," I shrugged.

"Delusional. Your delusional. You sound idiotic. I don't want Kacee Charles ass okay? I'm warning you cause I see right through the fake happy status he is telling people. He will drop you in a heart beat. Like literally just 2 days ago you were in New York with him and now Xyla is with him right now..."

My eyebrow rose, "He said she was in a hotel."

"I'm on her private story. She is most definitely at his house... the same house as the one he took Kayla too. The same one he took me to. And you and Xyla and whoever else is next. You not special never was. Wake the fuck up." She yelled and hung up.

I could only sit in shock. I blocked his number immediately and ran to get Toni and pulled her aside,

"We gotta leave." I told her.

Her face shook and she got confused, "Why would we leave?"

"He's with Xyla right now. And we know how she is. Amena just told me. I don't wanna be in his house, eating his food knowing he is fucking my sister most likely."

"Whoa. Aries how do you know their having sex? Your basing your opinion off what Amena said? His ex who literally fought us?" She asked.

"Toni I just know it. You know who Xyla is. She is in his house right now. Please..."

She shook her head and then came around, "Fine we'll crash at Kahlil's for the time being. We leaving at 2."

"In the morning?" I asked.

"Girl yes."