*Little Girls*

Aries Kallison

I sat there, in stillness and quiet without much thought in my head. I sat and watched as this doctor and Kacee talked about my prescriptions and medicine, I wanted to speak but my throat felt like it was glued shut by tears and shock. My body was numb and I felt almost disconnected from myself.

I stared into space wondering why I didn't listen when everyone told me he was no good. This family was no good, but a part of me wondered why he shot me and not her. Why would he hurt me over some other girl? I couldn't help but listen to it echo in my head. My mind wandered trying to gather and grasp to what happened. I did everything I was supposed to? Maybe I should've just got on the plane.

I felt a throbbing pain from my side as it grew sharper and I tensed and a tear dropped from my eye. Yet I didn't make a sound, I didn't whimper or wince from the pain, instead I accepted it. I embraced it, because the pain reminded me of proof that I was hurt and that what happened to me was reality and not a bad dream I could wake from.

"Aries?" Kacee said softly.

I stared ahead not looking at him, not because I was angry but because I couldn't stomach to look at the person who was responsible for this all. Another tear fell from my cheek as I stared and my face didn't have an expression, I couldn't even feel it. I knew I had a headache but I also knew if I slept I would never wake up.

"Aries, I'm sorry," He said, "I just, I couldn't kill the other person because-"

I put my hand up and closed my eyes, I didn't want to know the reason. I didn't care about the reason because no matter what it was, it would never be good enough to justify what I endured. I sat quiet and turned my head away from him looking at the wall because it was something I could have a bit more respect for.

As he began to speak again, the door opened and in came Mr.Charles with his hands on his waist and a smile cold enough to freeze water,

"Hey! How's the gang doing," He asked smiling, "Hey Kacee, I got another Job for you-"

Kacee rose up from his seat sighing, "Aye what's with the attitude? Look it's not even that bad. I'm putting you in charge of the shipment off the docks.. Marcus already over there waiting for you to come."

"I can't leave, what about Aries?" Kacee asked.

I continued to stare at the wall not caring too much for the conversation.

"Hmph," Mr.Charles said, "Aries do you want Kacee here?" He asked.

I sat in silence ignoring him, you beat me and want me to speak? The true audacity.

"Oh I see," He mumbled, "Okay."

He grabbed my foot jamming his thumb where I was shot deeply, causing a stinging sharp pain that seemed to only burn deeper the longer and harder he grabbed it. I screamed in agony from the pain, "Do you want Kacee here or not?" He asked.

"No! No I don't want him here," I yelled.

He let my foot go and looked at Kacee, "Well son you heard the young lady. Get to steppin playa."

I cried in pain, gasping for air to breathe so I could calm down but the more I breathed the more pain the wound felt. Tears rushed out of my eyes like a waterfall and I groaned and cried as Kacee walked out the door. As he left I prayed his wretched father would too be he stayed and closed the door,

"Look Aries, I wanna apologize. I didn't want you to get hurt in this mess, but I needed a way to really get through to him," He said as I cried. He sat on the bed and grabbed my leg.

"Look on the bright side? Your not dead. And I didn't have to shot your pretty face. You should really be thanking me sweetie," He said. "Think of it as business."

He got up and looked at me as I turned away from him, "Aries look at me when I speak to you."

I slowly turned to look at him, "Good. Your learning just like Kacee. Now you have two choices and I suggest you be wise with them okay? Nod if you get it."

I nodded and he smiled, "Good. Now you have two choices, you can go back to that gutter Baltimore right? Act like nothing ever happened. Live that Sewer rat lifestyle and never leave that swamp right?" He nodded.

"Or? You could stay in New York. You don't have to stay with Kacee. I could put you in a nice Loft in Manhattan," He said getting closer and sitting on the bed as I balled up away from him.

"Or, a penthouse in the Hamptons. And I get you a personal trainer and make some calls and make you a star. A star everyone thought you couldn't be," He said, "I know how they talk about you, trust me I do. But there's a big world out here who's looking to see a face just like yours."

I sat quietly, "I wanna go home."

His smile faded and he sat straight, "I saw how your mother was living. You wanna know I beat her ass like that?"

I looked with fear and it felt as if he could smell it. His eyes softened slightly, "Truthfully, it wasn't to scare you. When I asked her about you she told me you were nothing but a black bastard to her. Those words ring any bells?"

I froze as he spoke, "And you think you have a home to go to? Really? She hates you. She hated you before I came and now I'm sure she certainly hates you. And you wanna go home?" He laughed.

"I'm gonna do you a favor, I'll give you about a month to get your mind right. Get you the best of the best of psychiatric care, make sure they get you kinda normal in the penthouse in the Hamptons. And then I put you to work... Got it?" He told me.

He turned to walk out and stopped, "And when Kacee ask, you don't ever talk about this fucking conversation. Or so help me God I will make you wish he shot you in the fucking head and I will kill you. And don't for not even a second think I won't."

He slammed the door making a picture from the wall, fall and break. It shook me to my core and I sat there letting out a sigh I didn't know was stuck inside me. The reality began to set in that I was taken. I shook and looked at the floor wondering, what did I do?

How did I get into this? Will anyone save me? I winced at the pain growing from my rib and the soreness from my foot. I wondered why it was me, I know he cheated on me with Xyla. Why didn't he shot her? Why didn't he hurt her? Did he love her more than me? I had no freedom, I felt helpless and I didn't even know where I was. I didn't know what was going to happen to me and for the first time in my life, I was scared.

I was scared.

I was alone.

My thoughts raced to the point where I couldn't handle the thoughts anymore and began to scream uncontrollably. Crying and screaming and bashing my head into my bed hoping it would crack and maybe I would wake up and it be a bad dream. I kept screaming and soon nurses and doctors came in trying to calm me. Restraining me but I just kept screaming and crying until I was stuck with a needle and fell asleep.