* you *

Kacee Charles

I watched the last trailer be loaded onto the boat after being here for hours. As I stood watching, I hit my blunt and exhaled trying to blow all of my thoughts out of my head into the air. I stood a little longer than needed, thinking about how fast life had been passing. I hadn't seen Aries in weeks since the funeral, at least not face to face. I always had eyes on her until my dad made the men I hired stop. He meant it when he told me to stay away from, but I couldn't help feel we were meant for each other.

It felt as if not only was our time with each other cut short, but the innocence of it was tainted. It wasn't even my fault, and I knew it wasn't my fault but yet I felt so guilty. Guilty for her pain and her new trauma. It wasn't my fault Xyla ended her life, she was depressed before me and took that choice. It wasn't my fault that my dad hurt Aries, it was his cold hearted decision to do so. Yet with me knowing this, I still blamed myself.

Once I was done I felt hungry and walked to my car. I got in and drove to this Chinese restaurant called Rice Box, and once I walked in almost like a movie, she was there. Aries and Toni stood there looking at the menu with Price, their bodyguard, standing next to them. I felt a jolt shoot through my body, I wanted to say something. That I missed her, that I was sorry for her pain, I was sorry, and no matter what I loved her. I realized I was staring when she turned around and her face dropped as Toni was talking to her.

Toni turned and saw me and stopped speaking mid sentence and pulled Aries close, then spoke to Price. I felt frozen with fear and even slight embarrassment. I didn't even wanna be seen but it was already happening. Price nodded and backed up from them back to his original stance and Toni turned around as Aries walked up to me. We somewhat stared at each other noticing how much we've changed. I grew a slight beard and cut my dreads into a fade and she had gotten even curvier yet was still slim. Her skin was glowing and her teeth were white. She looked damn good as she stared into my eyes,

"Hey," She said with a slight smile.

"Hi," I spoke shyly.

It was a little quiet as I searched for what to say but she beat me to it, "My name is Aries."

She stuck her hand out as a gesture of new beginnings and when she did. I stood there speechless as my eyes began to water. I stared at her hand then her eyes and grabbed her hand and kissed it,

"Kacee," I said holding her hand and lowering it. I almost for a second didn't wanna let go, because I didn't wanna go without seeing her again.

We stared in each others eyes remembering the past and how desperately we wanted a future. I just wanted her to say it, say that she missed me, that she wanted us back, that she understood, that she missed me, but that's not what I got. She lowered my hand holding it and slightly squeezing it,

"It was nice to see you... Kacee," She said and turned around walking to the bodyguard and whispering to him.

Price then walked up to me and said, "I'm sorry Kacee, but you gotta get up outta here."

My heart shattered.

I felt the tears coming and turned around and walked out the restaurant slamming the door behind me. I marched to my car getting in and slamming the door and sat in the car. I sat there quiet as thoughts raced in my head. Why would she do that to me? Did she get pleasure from taunting me like that? I screamed in frustration and sat there.

I cried in my hands and struggled to really allow myself to cry, because the thought of crying over this girl made me feel so weak. I heard a knock at my window and it was her signaling me to unlock the door. I straightened up and unlocked the door,