*Deaf Tones*

Aries Kallison

"You think he cheating?" I asked Toni in a dismal tone.

She sighed and looked at me with annoyance, "Aries, if he is he is and if he ain't he ain't. At this point will you ever even truly know?"

"I mean Amena wouldn't tell me that for no reason-"

"Or maybe she would? She said in the same text you took her first love. How you know she not just tryna get him back and you over here being sad. But I think we should go back-"

I turned my head quick and looked at her confused, "Go where to Kacee house?"

"Yes, Mama May said we could go back at any time..."

"That's cause she knows what's it like to date a Charles man." I said softly.

Toni got off the edge of the bed and sat next to me concerned, "What happened in New York?" She asked.

Truthfully, I couldn't even tell her because I didn't know, "Look... every night Kacee came back from his 'job' and he had this look.... He looked miserable, he would get drunk and high to just be able to hold a conversation for more than minute without crying. And his dad... is every bit the monster the streets say he is. Or at least he comes off as it."

"Wow, and how has that affected you?" She asked me.

I sat there and thought and my mind went blank because did it even really affect me? I was happy just being in a penthouse and being able to do whatever I wanted with no rules. All while he suffered,

"Aries have you ever wondered why he treats his life as a burden even though you and me see it as a dream?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Burden?? The things I experienced with him... Most people will never feel in their entire lives and probably not in the next life either. I'm talking multi million dollar homes... The most expensive cars and jewels and-"

"All of that just to be miserable behind those lavish doors... Yes Aries, I see where he's coming from seeing it as a burden-" Toni said.

"Well I don't," I said.

"Of course you don't. Until you have to do what he's done... or what Mama May had to do... You will never understand the sorrow." She told me.

"And how would you know?" I asked her.

"Because I actually spoke to Ms. May and I think you should too... You could learn something from her. And I'm going back and if you wanna stay here you can but I don't." Toni said.

I was hesitant, "I don't know Toni... Seeing him covered in blood... His eyes were pitch black every time he came home. He was covered in blood and his eyes were black. He would stare at the wall for hours in silence and cry without even making a sound... I don't know if I wanna go back cause they all act like it's normal."

She nodded in agreement, "Aries... What other choice do we have? At least there we're safe and we're welcomed."

She was right. The few days we were at Khalil's house, his mama would give us this ugly look and treat us like we're unwanted company which we probably was. Or maybe it was a classist thing, we were too poor to be around her kids was her thing.

"I guess that settles it, we'll go back tonight." I told her.

She nodded and began to pack our clothes when I got a call from an unknown number. I ignored it but they kept calling until I answered and it was from Manhattan, New York. After the fifth call I finally answered,

"Damn, One more ring and I was just gonna send someone to take you," A man that sounded like Mr. Charles.

"Is this Mr.Char-"