* Doin Time*

Kacee Charles

"So all you gotta do is tell these niggas where to put the shipment and where to pick it up. That's it." Uncle Jaylin told me.

"I can't believe you do this shit and play sports," I said shaking my head as we walked to the observation deck as we watched the men load the trailers onto the boats.

"That one trailer there boy, That's almost a hundred million dollars you looking at," He told me pointing. "And we got about 6 of them that we push out a day. Sports can't pay you that type of money." He laughed.

I sat there taking in the breeze from the ocean and the smell of saltwater. I listened to the birds chirp and the seagulls fly before badgering the crew on the ship,

"And how much of that money is mine?" I asked.

"You'll see when you open the bank account yo dad set for you, let's just say the type of money you finna get? Tuh, muthafuckas won't touch that for at least 3 generations..." He said as I whistled, "And that's just for today. You do this this at least twice a month plus the money for passing initiation."

I nodded trying not to think about what happened with Aries in the warehouse. But her screams daunted me, they echoed in my head into my ears making them hot. I couldn't help but have my eyes water as Unc looked at me,

"I heard what happened, you know you wasn't even supposed to do that? Ole girl just didn't listen at the wrong time. Got caught in some business," He said, "You know how crazy yo pops is-"

"Yeah, but she didn't. She was a civilian," I defended, "She had nothing to do with it."

"Yeah neph, whatever it was either her or the sister and you chose her. You made that choice not us," He said, "My wife? I would've never. Not just because I love her, but because that shows loyalty. And you ain't have no loyalty to her... if you ain't got Loyalty to yo woman? You'll never have loyalty to anyone."

"That's the test you failed and that's why yo dad got you doing this little shit, instead of doing the overseas meetings like he did. Now you gotta earn that type of money." He told me.

I shook my head letting the guilt eat at me, my phone rang and it was Xyla. I answered as she spoke,

"I missed my flight Kacee, I'm sorry I was just-"

"It's coo," I told her, "I wanted to see you anyway."

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

I looked off thinking about Aries screams and it made me cringe up, "Yeah, and wear something sexy for me ight?"

"Okay," She whispered.

"Ight I'll see you in about 30 minutes," As I watched the last trailer be loaded. I hung up and he just shook his head, "Kacee who you finna see?" He asked.

"Cause Aries ain't gone be in New York for a minute," He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well let's just say, what happened before the warehouse wasn't too pretty. He didn't do nothing too awful but he beat her real bad I'm not gone lie. It was brutal. Yo mama suggested we put her in some therapy before she come back," He said.

"Therapy?" I asked as my face scrunched.

"Yeah nigga 'the lady'. She went to go see that muthafucka. She'll be good as new when she come back."

I didn't even wanna know how they even had that system in place. I didn't care too much either though. I just wanted to make sure she was okay, maybe therapy would be the best for her. Maybe for me too. I began to walk to my car and drive to where Xyla was since I didn't have to be at the dock once the shipment sailed. I got to the hotel parking in the back making sure I wouldn't be seen here and no one could track me, I got out and walked to the front desk.