Gray strings

"What's that guys problem..." He whispered under his breath, pulling the straw to his lips and taking a sip of his coffee. Strangely enough, he felt a pull towards the man. But brushed it off as he walked down the streets of Seoul.

Suddenly, he remembers his mother telling him stories about the red string, and that not most people have it but the ones that do can also loose it after losing all connection with their soulmate or not being able to find them early enough. In his case though, he has gray strings on each one of his hands. It confused him and he had tried to search on the internet multiple times but each try had led to no results.

This thought brings him back to a few months ago when he had purchased a book online. It was a fictional novel that includes the red string of fate. Unusually so, the book had three protagonist that were supposedly soulmates. The unusualness had captured him that's why he bought it at such a high price. But he didn't get the chance to read it because of his rush to move back to Korea.

So Jimin made it his mission to search for the book when he gets home, in hopes that he had brought it here with him. If not then he would just have to wait until he goes back to the States or have his mother send it to him. Though he thinks that it would take too much money to just send one book here to Korea.

Well that was another thought for his future self, it was time to bask in the presence. The wind was pushing him back and making it difficult to stay warm. But he loved it, the way the wind would brush against his skin and push his hair into his eyes, it was relaxing in a sense and had brought his mind in a calmer state. This was nice, he thought.

He continued to walk for another hour before going home where he tried to search for the book. "Argh where is it" he frustratingly whispered to himself as he was squatted Infront of a box full of his things. Just as he was about to give up, a book with a dark red cover caught his eye. His hand reached down under the bed and pulled it out.

"The three prince's" another whisper left his lips as he leaped in victory, jumping onto his bed to get started with reading. It was going to take him some time to finish this book, seeing how thick it was but it just made it even more interesting.

The book was somewhere in the times where Kings and Queens we're the people who ruled, not presidents. The story starts off with telling the story of how red strings came to be and how they worked. It didn't really focus on the common strings but rather the strings that involved multiple people. It both intrigued and confused him but at the same time he wanted to know more, since he too had the same strings, just not red.

He continued reading until the sun rose and the birds were chirping outside. Surprisingly though, he wasn't even halfway finished as the book had a lot of side plots and he kept going back to understand how things worked. It still confused him a bit but it felt like an escape place where he nostalgically felt connected and related to.

It was a world where he felt free and safe, a world that wasn't like his own.

________________
Surprise surprise! Another update! I felt that it was just right since the other one took so long.

Hope you guys enjoy!