Save Your Tears

Yesterday, how can I describe yesterday? It was very tough on the both of us. Probably the roughest day we've faced as a couple. Sophia and I cried on each others shoulders for the most part.

1 PM, at home

"Baby lunch is ready" I told Sophia, who was sitting in the living room.

She shook her head as an answer.

I approach and sat next to her.

"Baby, you have to eat." I told her in a low, almost whispering tone while holding her hand.

"I don't feel like eating.." She said while tears fill her eyes

"Hey, hey.. look at me" I said as I held her chin and moved her head facing me. "Sophia, you don't have to punish yourself for this"

"I feel torn, I'm sure you feel that way too, but I don't know how to approach this. Should I just give up?" She said as several tears rolled down her face at once.

I wipe her tears away and say, "Sophia, we are in this together. Please don't cry, it hurts me even more, save your tears baby, we have each other" 

She nods.

"Come here, let's eat" I say as I guide her to the kitchen.

8 PM, at home

Sophia was awfully quiet today, I don't blame her, it's a tough topic to grasp.

I went upstairs to our bedroom to check on her, she was laying on the bed and staring at the tv.

I sit on the side of the bed, facing her.

"Shawn, you won't like the idea of this, but please hear me out" She said as she switched positions, from laying down to sitting with crossed legs.

"Okay let's hear it" I say 

"You said its either me or the baby, what if we save the ba-" She said 

 "You know what I don't want to hear it" I say

"Shawn please" 

"Sophia don't even think about it" I say as my protective side came across. 

"Let's just give up on me, and save this child" She said and I widened my eyes

I started to become frustrated, but didn't act on it, she's going through this too.

"Sophia there is absolutely  no way that I'm going to give up on you, ever, so forget it" 

"But Shawn-" 

"No Sophia" I said as I stood up. "What would happen to me, huh? You think i'll be able to be happy again? Let alone a child without a mother? Do you hear yourself right now? Absolutely not" I said as my tone got higher and turned my back on her

"Babe I'm so sorry, I should not have said this, I'm sorry" She said as she stood up and turned my body, facing her.

"It's alright babe come here" I said as I pulled her in for a tight hug and rested my chin on top of her head, while rubbing her back. "don't even think about this for a second" 

"I love you so much Shawn" 

"I love you endlessly Sophia"