Overseas

Shawn went on a business trip to Scotland, he had already spent 10 nights there, and will be spending 9 more nights as well. 

We face-time each other... a lot.

considering the time he comes back to the hotel after his work and the time difference between New York City and Scotland, I force myself to stay awake as late as possible to catch a call with him.

 It sucks since I'm not a late night owl anymore, unlike Shawn 

It's currently 11 PM, just finished my skincare, wearing my pajamas and went to bed to make myself comfortable.

Pulled the sheets up, adjusted my pillow, kept my side lamp on, laid on my side, still awaiting Shawn to call, to know that he's finally free. 10 minutes have passed and at this point, i'm fighting the urge to sleep. 

40 minutes later...

*Buzz Buzzz

I open my eyes, realising I just fell asleep and felt my phone buzzing. 

I reach out to my phone adjust my eyes to read: Incoming Face-Time.

I answer the phone and put the camera on while I lay in bed, and saw him sitting in bed too with his white t-shirt on

"Hey baby" Shawn says

"Hii"

"Sorry I'm late, i just couldn't- wait were u sleeping right now" 

"Mhmm"

"I'm so sorry about that"

"whyy don't be" I told him as I yawned

"you're so cute when you're half asleep like this"

"asleep? no I'm not asleep" I said while trying to sound more awake 

"hahaha you totally are and I said half asleep cutie" 

"incorrect sir half asleep is not what I am that is you mr sleepy boy" 

"now you're fully asleep since you just blurred all of your words together"

"shhh I miss you" I told him

"Miss you too feels like forever since I held you in my arms"

"mhmmm" 

"I can tell you're already buzzing off"

"Nu-uh" i said while shaking my head with my eyes closed

Shawn's POV

"I feel bad for keeping you awake but I really needed to see ur existence today"

I turn facing my phone's screen just to see Sophia asleep 

"I'll be right here when you wake up" I whispered