That Time of The Month

It's currently 8 PM, Shawn is upstairs at his office, talking his patients and prescribing them their medicines, I just got my period and the pain I am feeling is, horrible. I just wore double leggings to prevent leakage, it's been so bad right now. All I want to do is sleep, but  Shawn wants to chill together after he finishes his work, so here I am laying on the couch in the living room while watching Netflix with my warm blanket and hot cocoa.

One and a half hour later..

The pain has an unpleasant warmth to it, eating at my stomach. There's nausea too, just enough to make me hold onto the table for support and breath slow. I've often prized myself in ignoring period pain and just rocking on regardless, but that just isn't possible right now. I had cramps before, but this time, it feels so sharp.

I re-positioned my sitting on the couch, then paused from the pain, attacking me from all directions. I cried, I am in great pain. My stomach, back, neck, legs, shoulders, head. 

I insist to wait for Shawn, in the meantime,  to reduce the pain, I opened the clinical cabinet in our home, and pulled out the bottle pad and filled it with hot water. 

I placed it on my tummy under my shirt and hoped it would reduce the pain. 

Twenty five minutes later...

"Oh shoot" I said as I hugged my stomach due to the increasing pain. "Why are my cramps this painful" I murmured to myself.

Nope.. I could not handle the pain anymore, I have to go sleep.

I went upstairs to Shawn, he just ended the phone call.

"Are you done?" I asked Shawn in a low voice

"Yes baby I just finished." 

"Okay that's great, Shawn I'll go sleep now" I told him while leaning on the door frame for support and tightening my legs because of the heavy flow.

"Whyyyyy?" He said as he did the pouty face. "Sophia are you okay? why are you standing like that?" He said as he got up his chair.

"Oh yeah it's nothing I just feel sleepy" 

"Okay baby come here give me a goodnight kiss"

As I approached him, he hugged me and touched the hot bottle that is pressed on my stomach.

"Sophia, what is this?" 

"It's just a hot water bottle for my period" I said

"Baby come here I just realized how yellow your face is, sit down on the chair." He said as he guided his hand towards the chair for support. 

"Are you in pain? Cramps? Tell me" He said 

"Kind of, but I can handle it, it's fine" I said

He lifted my shirt and removed the heating pad, then noticed that I'm wearing double leggings, "Two leggings? Baby is it that bad?" Then pressed on my stomach lightly.

"Ouch" I whispered, he heard me. The pain struck me, I started crying.

"Baby come here, you don't have much pain from cramps often. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just don't want to be dramatic or anything it's normal for girls" I told him

"You're not being dramatic at all! Babe! I had my own patients who slept overnight at the hospital because of the cramps. I had to ease the pain with painkillers. It can be unbearable sometimes, trust me you're not even close to dramatic." 

"Internally there's this sharp pain Shawn, and this heavy flow is not making it any better, it took me a few minutes to reach this office" I told him.

"Baby there is no way you're sleeping with this pain" He said as he lifted me up and took me to his examination table. 

Yes, he just got his own examination table at his office at our home. 

"I'm going to massage you" He said

A few minutes later...

"Okay baby sit up and I'll pick you up"

As I was forwarding myself from laying position to a sitting position,  I cringe from the pain.

"Eat dark chocolate, here. It's very good for you" He said

"Wow I wish chocolate was always a remedy" I said.

He let out a chuckle, "you're so goofy Sophia"

"I love you Shawn" I said as I hugged his torso

"I love you too sweetheart, now come on, you need some rest." He said.